What Do Ya'll DO All Winter?

retiredwith4acres

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
I hate the dreary days too. BUT, today is sunshine and mid 40's so I have cleaned off some garden area, trimmed some raspberry briars, cleaned off the asparagus bed. Last week/month in the bad weather I crocheted, crocheted, crocheted, wove baskets, taught basket weaving, and rested. I need/love sunshine as long as not 90+ and humid which is here often in the summer. I have been awed as to the amount of free time this winter. It is a much colder winter than last year so have not been outside very much. This week will be the exception with tomorrow another sunshine day and even near 60 at the end of the week with rain. Of course, only temporary!

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Well, Sunday and Monday were a little sunny. I got out Sunday afternoon, leaving the two sick people here and spent an hour messing around on our land after I fed the horses. Monday I got a turnip bed cleaned out. I sure needed that dirt therapy. Yesterday and today have been raining, more gray and gloom. Tomorrow it is supposed to be sunny, I guess I could make mud pies and bake them in my new oven! :lol:

Maybe by next winter I can be better prepared for all this in-the-house-time. Maybe I can start some hobbies up and find things to keep busy with inside. I am just not much of an inside person.

The 20 baby chicks that were hatched Christmas day are growing and doing well. I bought them the Saturday after Christmas. There might be some roosters in the bunch, when they crow, they will be dinner! I clean their cage several times a day, but they are still dirty birdies! :lol:

Mattemma

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
I like to read,look through catalogs,clean and pack up rooms,watch stuff free from library,and walk the yard to see what is going on and make plans.I like to grill too.

StupidBird

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
Well, you shouldn't do what I just did - a week long nasty cold followed one clear day later by the flu. All I can do is lay here and web surf. I'll have to sanitize the laptop so others can use it tomorrow. :rolleyes:

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
StupidBird said:
Well, you shouldn't do what I just did - a week long nasty cold followed one clear day later by the flu. All I can do is lay here and web surf. I'll have to sanitize the laptop so others can use it tomorrow. :rolleyes:
Sorry to hear you've been sick, Stupidbird. How bad was the flu? It sounds like it is quite an epidemic. I live near one of the Missouri Veterans' Homes, and they have closed it to visitors, due to the flu. Sure hope my FIL doesn't get it. He's 95. I don't believe he will make it through another lung infection.:(

edited for spelling

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
StupidBird said:
Bless yore lil' 'ol sick self! My DH and Mom both had the flu and it's awful!

StupidBird

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
Thanks everyone! I'm much better today; just weak, and sore from the coughing. My strapping big DS had it just before me and it hit him the same too...sounded like he'd cough out a lung for a couple days!

The great part is I can surf all day on garden stuff and work on the garden plan without the least feeling of guilt, because if I do get up and try to do stuff, I cant stay vertical long.

Its great doing all this planning; hopefully I will follow it during the year...this time.

Baymule, I don't know what I'd do without dirt therapy. I did sit on the floor and prune my potted citrus trees.

secuono

Garden Master
Reaction score
I breed rabbits from mid fall to late spring. Rest of the time, not much to do but hate global warming. Rain in winter I hate the most, snow dang it! :(

Latest posts