What do You Freeze?

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
We have continued to put broccoli and green beans in the freezer. Freezing green beans has been a fairly regular thing to do over the years.

The 2nd sowing, 3rd, 4th were spaced out well for 2020. They were just a few days apart and was kinda required because abundant space from pulling the peas didn't happen soon enough. Usually, the peas wouldn't have been so late and the 2nd sowing of the beans could go in - boom. We would have more beans by 9/1 than we could shake a stick at!

It's worked out better this way :). There has been a steady harvest and in 2020, this has occurred with steady production of broccoli. Usually the broccoli has 2 seasons, at best. Continuous harvesting of secondary buds has been the program, this year.

Lots of pasta sauce going in the freezer from ever-increasing tomato harvest.

Steve

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
I am so excited that I learned here that zucchini can be frozen. I have some in the freezer but haven't used it yet. Hope it works just as fresh one for zucchini bread.

Mary

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
What can be done with eggplant?

Strangely, with a cornucopia of tomatoes and quite a few peppers, the eggplant grew tall but have very few fruit. However, there are some.

I am fairly sure that I have frozen pasta casseroles, maybe one or two, I know that I haven't frozen eggplant parmesan. It should work but I'm not really wanting to tie up casserole "hardware" for weeks and months.

What can be done, instead?

Steve

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
What can be done with eggplant?

Strangely, with a cornucopia of tomatoes and quite a few peppers, the eggplant grew tall but have very few fruit. However, there are some.

I am fairly sure that I have frozen pasta casseroles, maybe one or two, I know that I haven't frozen eggplant parmesan. It should work but I'm not really wanting to tie up casserole "hardware" for weeks and months.

What can be done, instead?

Steve
Can you make it in the casserole dish and then cut into squares and freeze those on a small cookie sheet or plate and then out in ziplock bags?

Mary

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
Late to answer. We freeze almost everything. I have more freezer space than shelf space and have had bad luck caning tomatoes in the past. Spinach, kale, green beans, peas, tomatoes, zucchini

Latest posts