What Does A Husband Do For His Sick Wife!

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Why... while she's sleeping all passed out from all the meds the doctor has her on... he builds her another 12' x 2' raised bed, of course!!! :weee

Running out of light and showing me (totally excited) informs me he'll get the 3'x3' raised bed he also planned done in the morning!!!!

I'm over the moon thrilled! I was wondering where I was going to plant these other 4 watermelon starts I have. :lol:

14084_img00186.jpg

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
Now that's a good hubby! :thumbsup

Mine knows the best way to get on my good side is to bring me a truckload of manure! :lol:

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
journey11 said:
Now that's a good hubby! :thumbsup

Mine knows the best way to get on my good side is to bring me a truckload of manure! :lol:
LOL... nothing like manure. ;) Maybe for mother's day! :lol:

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
I mean this the nicest way possible but I find it quite remarkable that any woman would have an interest in a box of dirt or a shovelful of composted cow manure . . . :hu.

They are an absolute mystery to me and I'm fully aware that more women have an interest in gardening than men. You remember me -- I was the little, pointy-headed kid with the big spoon, hanging out in the sand box all day. What else could you have expected from me in life??

DW has an interest in gardening. But, why . . ? She's even afraid of worms!

Steve

HunkieDorie23

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Suburban Farmer said:
I could only dream my wife would have a love (mild interest) for gardening. :rolleyes:
Funny, it goes both ways, one of my hubby's favorite gardening techniques involves roundup ... and don't plant anything that I'll have to mow around, like that would be a problem because he is in the military and gone half the time anyway.

Remember opposites attack. :smack

Rosalind

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
digitS' said:
I used to be scared of worms, for the longest time. It's that you can't see their eyes, that freaks me out. I know they HAVE eyes, I just can't see them--it's scary like the aliens in the Sigourney Weaver movies, they don't have eyes so they must have mysterious alien senses. I know, scientifically, that this is simply not true, they have lots of light receptors on their heads and can sense vibrations quite well, but not being able to see their eyeballs is somehow terrifying.

Spiders and snakes don't bother me a bit. They've got visible eyes.

Anyway. Congrats on the new bed! Boy, I wish my DH would believe me when I say I'd like a truckload of manure... He is sure this is some evil feminine trick that will get him banished to the couch for a week, even though it's exactly what I want!

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Rosalind said:
digitS' said:
I used to be scared of worms, for the longest time. It's that you can't see their eyes, that freaks me out. I know they HAVE eyes, I just can't see them--it's scary like the aliens in the Sigourney Weaver movies, they don't have eyes so they must have mysterious alien senses. I know, scientifically, that this is simply not true, they have lots of light receptors on their heads and can sense vibrations quite well, but not being able to see their eyeballs is somehow terrifying.

Spiders and snakes don't bother me a bit. They've got visible eyes.

Anyway. Congrats on the new bed! Boy, I wish my DH would believe me when I say I'd like a truckload of manure... He is sure this is some evil feminine trick that will get him banished to the couch for a week, even though it's exactly what I want!
ROTFLMAO!!!

First of all, I've always been weirded out by worms, but I love to garden and I love to fish (yes I have my own pink girly pole and I put the worms on myself). But worms have always just made me stop and look and think twice about touching them. So I completely understand what you are saying, I've never thought of it that way... but you are so right!!!

Second, it took years and several birthdays and apologies to get it through to my husband that I do NOT want flowers someone cut up and stuck in a vase of water. What a waste! I want my flowers with a root still attached please, and a bag of dirt would be nice too.

I do not do jewelry, though he's bought me plenty of nice pieces I never wear. Get me a tree, build me a deck, or walk-closet. Throw together some raised beds in the yard and he becomes the BEST husband ever! So much so, I have jealous friends because I brag and brag about it, and now they are all bugging their hubby's. And guess who gets yelled at by the guys for making them look bad!!!!! :lol:

dipence71

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
I have always love to garden. I was raised old school with my parents retired by the time I was in 1st grade so we (my dad and I) always gardened, mom stayed inside doing whatever and cooked and canned. I never got into canning until I was an adult though.
As for worms OMG, my dad and I would stay up till 2 am to go out and get night crawlers to go fishing. It is some of my best memories of time with just me and dad a flashlight and coffee can. I try to get my kids into it but the oldest doesnt do outside. The youngest is just like me though, but not as much into going out in the dark with a flashlight and coffee can to look for worms LOL. She would rather dig them up in the daytime..

My DH thinks I am nuts with my hugh garden, chickens, and now his rabbits. (started out as 2 to breed and use for meat/ pet. and has turned into 6 but only 2 can actually breed together and they are my DD pets and a mini rex so not so much on the meat side. I have 3 big male rabbits and no lady for them LOL they were suppose to be boys and girl but ended up all boys.

Latest posts