What does rhubarb taste like?

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
I gotta stand up for my I-phone friend. I killed wrist watches, never could wear them for very long before they didn't work anymore. I never met a watch that could stand up to what I did to them. For some reason, my I-phone dropped in my pocket, never dies or breaks. It keeps time and so much MORE! YAY for I-phones! and Apple stock ain't too shabby either.....

bobm

Garden Master
Reaction score
Those new fangled phones are just too big to comfortably carry in your pocket as they always in your way and/or fall out of your pocket when you are working up in the attic or crawling in the crawl space . If you set it down and are in the attic or crawl space, or changing the oil while under your car, riding your horse, bucking hay bales, etc. the phone rings. :rant So back to the contractor flip phone it is. :thumbsup I want to have the phone on me to use just in case of an emergency or accident to call for help. :)

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
My Mom used to serve it as a side dish with dinner in the summer. She would chop it and stew it with a lot of sugar. As kids we would pick it and dip it in sugar and eat it raw. It is almost inedible with out sugar but delicious with. It makes a great fruit compote or pie.

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
So did my mom. Love it on meat. Don't tell sis you responded to an old thread, she is kind of testy....... ;)

Beekissed

Garden Master
Reaction score
My Mom used to serve it as a side dish with dinner in the summer. She would chop it and stew it with a lot of sugar. As kids we would pick it and dip it in sugar and eat it raw. It is almost inedible with out sugar but delicious with. It makes a great fruit compote or pie.

I find that sugar brings out the bitterness and increases the tartness(much like with grapefruit), whereas salt tends to compliment the tartness and removes any bitterness. I can't bear to eat it with sugar, in a pie or compote but prefer it raw with salt the best. Makes my mouth water to even speak of it! :drool

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
So did my mom. Love it on meat. Don't tell sis you responded to an old thread, she is kind of testy....... ;)

This isn't an old thread, it's ancient! I'm still wiping the cobwebs off...
Since the topic is rhubarb, yes I like it! Always makes me think of mom and grandma. Plus I think it's just a pretty plant with those red stalks and bold foliage. :)

Latest posts