What have you bought so far? Post your lists here!

momofdrew

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
sred98 said:
MomofDrew-that is SO COOL that you get to visit Johnny's! My dream plant vacation is to visit Plant Delight's nursery in North Carolina! :bow LOL!

This may be a stupid question, but what do you do with your beets? Do you pickle them? Eat them raw? Cook them like turnips? We never eat them. I think it gets too hot here for them, I don't know. You never see them at the markets.

Shelly
the leaves we steam and the roots we bake and then peel... they are soooo sweet that way...

Southern Gardener

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Here is my pathetic little list from Baker Seeds:

Beurre De Rocquencourt wax bean
Golden Wax Bean
Triomphe De Farcy bush bean

Lemon Cuke
Richmond Green Apple Cucumber

Early Crookneck squash

Brandywine tomatoes

And Im going to pickup more tomato plants at the nursery when the time comes.

This is the second year to have a veggie garden for me. Last year it didnt do that great, so with the soil amendments Ive been adding, Im hoping for better results this year. :fl

Oh, and I have my seed potatoes (red) and I was hoping to plant them on Saturday, but weve had so much rain I wont be able to. :/

sred98

Leafing Out
Reaction score
Does anyone know (this might be another stupid question! LOL!) but we like the fingerling potatoes (roasted in olive oil with garlic and rosemary :drool ) so would we just harvest the regular potatoes early, or are they a different breed? Should I just pick up some fingerlings and let them sprout, then plant?

MomofDrew-I might have to try that!

Shelly

setter4

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
sred98 said:
Does anyone know (this might be another stupid question! LOL!) but we like the fingerling potatoes (roasted in olive oil with garlic and rosemary :drool ) so would we just harvest the regular potatoes early, or are they a different breed? Should I just pick up some fingerlings and let them sprout, then plant?

MomofDrew-I might have to try that!

Shelly
They are specific type of potato. You might be able to use what you buy in the store but you'd probably be better of to buy some fingerling seed potatoes.

sred98

Leafing Out
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply, Setter. I haven't seen any fingerling seed potatoes. I guess I would have to order them...time to start looking!

Shelly

momofdrew

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
sred98 said:
Thanks for the reply, Setter. I haven't seen any fingerling seed potatoes. I guess I would have to order them...time to start looking!

Shelly
johnny's select seed has figerlings

Athena

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
Im just getting so antsy.... that I have started ordering....
working on my Burpee now....

My first one went out last night....

From Parks....
I got:

Herbs:
Dark Opal Basil

Veggies:
Gourd Luffa (Im gonna try this, this year, to go with my home-made soap and home-made candle baskets my friends are getting this year!)
Sweet Banana Peppers
Horn of Plenty Hybrid squash (container/bush type)
Pumpkin lil Pumpkemon
Pumpkin Autumn Gold Hybrid
Spring Swallow Hybrid Cucumber (container/bush type)
Raven Hybrid Zucchini (container/bush type)
Cassius Hybrid Cauliflower (container/bush type)
Belstar Hybrid Organic Broccoli (container/bush type)
Sweet Pepper Rainbow Mix

Flowers:
Tropical Fruit Portchulaca Mix (I love portchulaca, and so, got 2 packs of these.. they are mostly golden hues... to match my gold and white stucco bungalow)
Carefree Coleus Mix
Giant Exhibition Coleus Mix
Bright Lights Cosmos (golden hues assortment)
BellFlower Mix
Aquilegia (Red Star)
Baby Doll Dianthus
Sundance Kid Sunflower
Persian Carpet Mexican Zinnia

setter4

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
sred98 said:

Shelly
I just ordered russian fingerlings from henry Fields yesterday.

theOEGBman

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
I know this post is a little late, but I actuall have something to post now, lol. I havent been to walmart without purchasing something since they started getting seeds. Im up to 45 packets of seeds, 5 lbs of potatoes and roughly 190 onion sets.... and a 9 pack of broccoli plants... oh and 5 packs of various bulbs... I think. I'll post a picture though, writing it down will take too long, haha. the paper towels have seeds that my buddy sent me as well.

http://i402.photobucket.com/albums/pp108/Tennisball95382/Early Spring Garden/022.jpg