What Haven't You Learned, from these People?

Ridgerunner

Garden Master
Reaction score
Moxies, my computer sound is set to "Zero". If I want to hear something , I'll temporarily change the setting. Temporarily. No TV, radio, or music-making device is running for background noise. How can you hear the world if you drown it out?

I understand how weird and out of touch I am. I can live with that.

bobm

Garden Master
Reaction score
I get the videos with sound on every other site except for THIS ONE ? ? ? :idunno Nifty ? :caf

nachoqtpie

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I have the beginning of minears disease... I've always got to have something on for background noise or the ringing in my ears is horrible. :( A lot of time I'll pop on the local Christian music station, but, since that's going away (they couldn't raise enough funding for this year) I'll have to find something else!

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
We should preserve what we've got ...

There's music ♪

Steve
who didn't create these paintings, either :(

Just-Moxie

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I find the volume on my computer is too distracting. Also, both my husband and I sit at the same table at our laptops. He loves you tube and other internet stuff with sound. But then, his being dyslexic it is easier for him than reading text.
Me, I love to read. Books, internet surfing results, history, anthropology, science, cooking and recipes, sewing projects, gardening and chickens. I do better if my laptop is not buzzing me and popping at me every 2 or 3 minutes.

ducks4you

Garden Master
Reaction score
East Central IL, Was Zone 6, Now...maybe Zone 5
It's like perusing the I'Net and finding people who do your hobbies or work and don't have any problems. NOBODY lives a life or pursues a hobby without problems. Everybody who has a nice looking garden really works at it. I split my time between many activities and I choose my battles. We all garden a little differently bc of time commitments, work commitments, family commitments and what gets priority today. I don't bother with them. Too may people lie about these things.

NwMtGardener

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I was sort of PARALYZED this winter, trying to figure out how I was going to get my new garden beds built (where to even PUT them at our new house??) get plant starts going (where to put them inside the new house??) in time for spring planting, between working full time and cleaning/setting up our little vacation rental in-law suite in the downstairs of our house (which has been really busy). Eventually, I realized I don't have to do it all! Huge relief, and we planned a vacation this spring to the Oregon coast, which means absolutely none of it is going to get done for planting this year, and thats okay! Probably sometime this summer i'll get time to get a veggie bed prepared - we'll have to get lots of composted manure and unload it by hand where ever the new bed will be, so its going to take some serious labor. So probably it will be ready for next year. But you're right Ducks, sometimes other things are a priority!

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Heather,

what you might want to do is look at your property from Google or Bing satellite view. Bing gives you that "bird's eye" view.

Looking at things horizontally, you are doing that every day.

Steve

Latest posts