What interesting creatures live in your garden?

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
@sumi I get lucky now and then with a photo! I can not even get a few inches to the subject and get the camera to focus.. I do a lot of cropping photos on the computer. The camera is a SONY ax300 the lens I usually have on it is a 0.38m/1.3ft MACRO (A real misnomer.) It is NOT a MACRO Lens. I WANT a MACRO lens but the cost keeps that on my Wish List. :rolleyes:

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
@Carol Dee , I have a SONY too, a CyberShot and that's all I can tell off the top of my head. I'm kicking myself for not buying a Canon, even I can't take a bad pic with those, but oh, the price tag... Not that the SONY one was cheap! Focussing with that thing is a mission and forget zooming in on distant objects. We have the most incredible birds here, from eagles to Egyptian Geese, but I can't photograph them :barnie Not for lack of trying, I just can't get close enough to them. We drove past an Egyptian Goose yesterday, wow, it was 6 feet from me, if that. Beautiful bird.

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
Sumi where do you live, that there are puff adders in your trees?
We're in South Africa, at the moment. We're planning to emigrate to Ireland later this year though. We stayed there for awhile and loved it.

So I'm going to be picking y'all's brains for gardening in a sopping wet climate in a few months' time, be warned ;)

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
We're in South Africa, at the moment. We're planning to emigrate to Ireland later this year though. We stayed there for awhile and loved it.

So I'm going to be picking y'all's brains for gardening in a sopping wet climate in a few months' time, be warned ;)
A globetrotter :cool: Me... I have lived in a 5 mile radius all my life!

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
Yep, I've lived in 3 different countries and moved quite long distances in-between. We're actually moving again this weekend, 450 miles away this time. I'm NOT looking forward to that trip!

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
Yep, I've lived in 3 different countries and moved quite long distances in-between. We're actually moving again this weekend, 450 miles away this time. I'm NOT looking forward to that trip!
I do NOT like moving, even across town. How do you do it! I suppose you can not be a pack rat and haul it ALL each time. ;)

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
I enjoy the new starts, if it's in a nice place. Emigration sure helps cut back on belongings! I'm down to clothes, some special books and knick knacks, my laptop and my incubator at the moment. I brought my incubator back from Ireland actually. I can't buy a Brinsea incubator here, so I left half my clothes behind to free up suitcase space. And no, I'm NOT a hatch addict :p

I'm hoping we'll settle for awhile once we're back in Ireland again. I want to start hoarding stuff! LOL

Latest posts