What is the song or poem weighs up how you feel today??

Pulsegleaner

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I wanna know did you ever see the rain,
Coming down on a sunny day,,, 🎶☕
I find it interesting that, besides this CCR, also did "Who'll Stop The Rain?". Looks like they got tired of it raining after a while!

Actuyally, you could do a whole weather cycle with music. From "Sunshine, Go Away" to "I Wish it Would Rain" to "Rhythm of the Rain" to "Raindrops Keep Falling on my Head" to "Who'll Stop the Rain" to "Here Comes the Sun."!

Marie2020

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Coming down on a sunny day,,, 🎶☕
We have been told we were due rain 3 times and even a thunder storm a week ago last weekend. Sun and showers was due yesterday and today but no rain to report here

Marie2020

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Last weekend was supposed too be raining with the possibility of thunder, it didn't happen but it's happening now, only a little thunder but certainly right now...

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
There is a mother who walks by on the sidewalk with her 3 little girls twice a day on school days. Only the oldest goes to school, I'd guess 1st or 2nd grade.

Of course, the girls are very animated on their short walk. The mother, very focused on the kids - one way with 3, back home with 2. She neither looks left or right. The days when the power company crews were cutting and removing tree branches from power lines, it was especially obvious. One could tell that she was concerned by the expression on her face but all that activity was on the other side of the road. From my lazyboy and front window, I didn't see her turn her head once to look at it. No danger at all, just activity. She also is careful about looking in people's yards as she passes, again and again, over the past few years. She is No @Dahlia on her walks :).

Dahlia

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
There is a mother who walks by on the sidewalk with her 3 little girls twice a day on school days. Only the oldest goes to school, I'd guess 1st or 2nd grade.

Of course, the girls are very animated on their short walk. The mother, very focused on the kids - one way with 3, back home with 2. She neither looks left or right. The days when the power company crews were cutting and removing tree branches from power lines, it was especially obvious. One could tell that she was concerned by the expression on her face but all that activity was on the other side of the road. From my lazyboy and front window, I didn't see her turn her head once to look at it. No danger at all, just activity. She also is careful about looking in people's yards as she passes, again and again, over the past few years. She is No @Dahlia on her walks :).

Ya, funny! I love taking photos of all beautiful flowers and plants!!! 😊

Marie2020

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I'm one of the last people in the world to be romantic and I can't think of one guy in the world this song could be played for from me.

This band is constantly impressing me my goodness now they have me appreciating a heart felt love Song

Pulsegleaner

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I can get that. In high school, I didn't have a significant other either. Oh, I had someone I really liked, but she didn't like me (well, she liked me, but not in that way), and in any case, I was way too shy, too awkward, and too goddam weird for her, or anyone else to ever like me that way (I still am, probably even more so than I was then*) It took all my courage to even ask her to dance once at the Christmas Square Dance, and she turned me down for that one (not for someone else, she just didn't want to dance.)

In retrospect, it was probably for the best. The kind of love I had for her was plain not healthy. It fell clearly into the kind of love the Greeks referred to as "mania"; what Othello was getting at when he said he loved "not wisely, but too well." I didn't love her like a fellow person, I loved her like a goddess, with me as her simpering courtier or slave. It was a good thing that she actually WAS a good person, since, had she not been, had she been a belle dame sans merci, and taken advantage of my feelings to exploit me, I'm not sure there wasn't ANYTHING, up to and including MURDER, that I wouldn't have done for her gladly.

Still I DO sometimes imagine what would have been if she had reciprocated a bit. And one of those imaginings is us on stage during the tribute to Broadway talent show, singing this, which I actually CAN do the male part of pretty well (even though it is considered full enough opera that even famous tenors like Jose Carreras have done it. It's probably the ONLY song from that musical anyone remembers and it actually comes from the version before this one.)

Latest posts