What is this?

danamillette

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
Good Day!
Can anyone tell me what this is that has moved in? At first I thought rose, then raspberry...now this white blooms have me confused.
6442_sky_tir_010.jpg

Thanks!

897tgigvib

Garden Master
Reaction score
Oh boy!!! Lucky you!!!

That looks like Korean wild Raspberry! aka wineberry, or some kind of blackberry.

Get your recipes ready for ice cream, pies, fritters. Get your coffee cans ready with strings for filling them. Looks like you'll have a great harvest! They could be Loganberry blackberries too. It's all good!

There will be those who call them weeds. Don't listen to them! How many weeds can make pies so good, such great eating fresh, or even wine?

retiredwith4acres

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
I just picked my first cup of raspberries. Yum! I won't have many this spring but if all goes well and no disease will have tons this fall.

cmom

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
cmom said:
Any ideas what this is. We live in North Central Florida.

Since the board won't let me post images or links, I have posted pictures on My Page.

cmom

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
Now I hope I can post the pics.

IMG_3775.jpg

IMG_3776.jpg

IMG_3777.jpg

IMG_3778.jpg

IMG_3779.jpg

897tgigvib

Garden Master
Reaction score
I don't know cmom, but it looks kind of like some kind of legume, maybe related to clover. :idunno

The leafs at first looked like our wild saint john's wort, but the flower is not at all like it.
One of the photos reminded me of a Scophulariaceae kind of flower. That's the snapdragon and Penstemon family.

I'll see what I can find on google. If you can get some real close shots of the flower it may help.

Latest posts