What is this?

cmom

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
marshallsmyth said:
I don't know cmom, but it looks kind of like some kind of legume, maybe related to clover. :idunno

The leafs at first looked like our wild saint john's wort, but the flower is not at all like it.
One of the photos reminded me of a Scophulariaceae kind of flower. That's the snapdragon and Penstemon family.

I'll see what I can find on google. If you can get some real close shots of the flower it may help.
My camera is a good camera except it doesn't do close-ups very well. It's raining out right now but when it stops I'll go out and see if I can get a picture of the flower. The individual petals are kind of heart shaped.

IMG_3793.jpg

897tgigvib

Garden Master
Reaction score
Did you look at those websites and google for information cmom?

Some of the websites are about weeds in Peanut fields, others about weeds in lawns. You might be able to google it better than me because you may know some university names or local names for fields and pastures

cmom

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
marshallsmyth said:
Did you look at those websites and google for information cmom?

Some of the websites are about weeds in Peanut fields, others about weeds in lawns. You might be able to google it better than me because you may know some university names or local names for fields and pastures
My DH and I have spent many hours (days) googling for this. That is why I posted to see if anyone had any idea what it is. We have visited hundreds of sites and have not been able to find it.

897tgigvib

Garden Master
Reaction score
Right now I am looking at images of plants in the euphorbiaceae family.

Most plants in that family have some kind of milky juice when you break a stem. That is a poisonous substance, so be somewhat careful, but try breaking some stems and let me know if it has a milky sap.

One that I found that looks similar is called KATUK a picture of which is about 2 thirds of the way down this page which is in Spanish, I think about a company that makes pharmaceuticals from plants.

http://www.simout.com/euphorbiaceae-taxonomy&page=3

I googled euphorbiaceae using the images tab that google has near the top of the page. Earlier i tried googling scrophulariaceae the same way, but the flowers are formed differently, from what i can see. You may want to try fabaceae the same way. I'm still looking at the euphorbiaceae images...

The Acalypha Genus does make similar colored flowers in similar clusters...

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score

cmom

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
catjac1975 said:
It came up in the field where we planted our Egyptian Wheat which we plant for our Pheasants and Quail.

IMG_3786.jpg

IMG_3775.jpg

Latest posts