What is your Favorite Bean Dish ?

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Thistle, that's why I make beans weekly. Because my kids love bean and cheese burritos. I add ham hocks to my beans for additional flavor.

Mary

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
I'm going off to the library today, hopefully to pick up a book titled, "The Ultimate Mediterranean Diet Cookbook, harness the power of the world's healthiest diet to live better/longer."

I did a library search for Mediterranean diets and came up with the call number, 641.59182. Then used that in a Google search with "whole grains." Back to the library, and I'd narrowed down 71 titles to that one book just out in 2015.

I hope it has both bean and cereal grain recipes. DW seems to be on a bread kick ... we do agree on multi-grain bread but she drifts off on all these other white breads ...! Let's see if I can get her back to whole grains and off white breads. And then, @so lucky is picking on me for putting biscuit dough on my chili ...

Maybe there's a whole grain pasta and bean recipe to try :).

Steve

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Mary I made your daughters recipe last night. I added whole wheat pasta and used low fat mozzarella. Was a big hit will be making a lot.
Glad you liked it. My daughter always takes it to potlucks because it's so easy, basically no cooking. You can improvise and add whatever you want.

Mary

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
The dry beans from the 2015 garden here on the shelf are very much like Canellini. I have orzo pasta and found a soup recipe in that Mediterranean cookbook ...

It's very much like this one: Macheesmo!

I don't have spinach but I'm wondering how chard will be. You may remember that chard was kind of a new-to-me veggie this year now that @ninnymary has helped me find the Verde da Taglio chard that I like. I just have to get back to the garden for some of that summer-planted chard.

I think I'll try it!

Steve :)

Latest posts