What is your Favorite Bean Dish ?

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Well, @Nyboy , I didn't realize until that accidental volunteer showed up that escarole could be sown in midsummer weather. It lasts well into summer but it never occurred to me that escarole could be around in the fall.

Oh yes, @ninnymary ! Recently, it was suggested to me that I could have just cut out the heavy midrib of regular chard. I didn't think of that. Is it frugality again?! Bok choy stems aren't supposed to be cut out, I'm pretty sure ... they always show up in the dish at a Chinese restaurant.

The flavor itself may be just about the same as a Bright Lights chard. I tried that, probably, not long after it came on the market but that was not a wonderful, personal experience. I came to have no real appreciation for chard as a child.

Steve

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
By the way,

starting spinach in midsummer was a bust. There are several orach plants out there that have taken a shot at growing in the cool/cold weather. That spinach cousin didn't do very well after an August planting, either.

The edible amaranth simply all died in the first frost. I guess that took are of that!

Steve

Latest posts