What Is Your Favorite Holiday Drink ?

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Here is my Great Grandmother's homemade eggnog recipe. She made it for breakfast on Christmas morning. Everybody, even the children, had eggnog. My Mother remembered drinking eggnog as a little child. Indeed, my non drinking parents drank eggnog, as made by my Grandmother and let us kids drink it too. Many a Christmas I was sh!tfaced on eggnog. :lol: It calls for 12 ounces of bourbon, I use 6. Full strength it will blow your head off!

You could buy enough to make several batches, but only make one at a time. Your guests could make it so you don't screw it up.:lol:

Mamma Wall's Eggnog
12 eggs, separated
12 heaping tablespoons of sugar
12 shots of bourbon (I use 6)
1 half pint whipping cream
1 cup milk
Beat egg whites until stiff.
Beat whipping cream until stiff.
Beat egg yolks, add sugar 1 tablespoon at a time.
Continue beating egg yolks, slowly add bourbon 1 shot at a time. Beat egg yolk mixture thouroughly while
adding bourbon. The bourbon cooks the egg yolks-if you just dump the bourbon in you will get curdled eggs.
With a large spoon or spatula, fold the whipped cream into the egg yolk mixture. Then fold in the egg
whites. Stir in the milk.
Serve in cups with nutmeg or cinnamon sprinkled on top.

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
I am going to make. Funny thing is I never use the kitchen but have cabinets full of kitchen gadgets. I like clear counter tops and have nothing sitting out but my mothers kitchen aid mixer, dont even think I know how to turn it on.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
I'll bet your guests know how to turn it on. Tell them that your best friend in Texas sent them her Great Grandmother's eggnog with love!

ducks4you

Garden Master
Reaction score
East Central IL, Was Zone 6, Now...maybe Zone 5
OUR plans for the 25th involved driving 12 minutes to DD's house to open presents, then they follow us home 12 minutes drive for the feast. We intend to start the day with mimosas and then...not sure. We USED to keep vodka when we had to deal with troublesome relatives, but that's all gone, just drinking for pleasure now.
THIS recipe would fit right into our plans!!

Latest posts