What is Your Favorite Knife ?

Beekissed

Garden Master
Reaction score
I've always used the RADA knives...cheap, last for decades, easy to put an edge on even with cheap sharpeners, and can't really be destroyed much by teenage boys except for breaking off the tips while using them as a screw driver.

I use them for butchering all kinds of animals, as well as for prep work in the kitchen, and am well pleased with their performance and price.

bobm

Garden Master
Reaction score
When I worked at the University ... at the Necropsy department we all used the FARBERWARE SPECIAL STAINLESS STEEL 4 1/2" blade boning knife ( professional butchers use it too ). I necropsied everything from a shrew to a killer whale with it. I bought one for myself to use in my kitchen in 1967 together with a Dexter 12" sharpening steel and a Twin A 14" long stone round edge sharpening stone. I used it to butcher beef, sheep, pigs, turkeys, chicken, pheasant, quail, fish, etc. AND my wife and I have used this same knife every day since then from meat to cake and everything and anything else in the kitchen for food preparation. Since the blade"s stainless steel goes to the end of the handle and the handle is wood, we only wash it by hand. BEST KNIFE ever for all purpose use !!!! :celebrate

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
hum here are my favorites from years gone by as a chef we are talking about 30+ year old knifes a little worn but still sharp as a razor.....
all commercial grade wusthof and henkel except for 2 and 5 they are serco.

DSC_0001.JPG

top to bottom
1.12" butchers knife great for rough cutting of large cuts of meat..... this is my very first knife.
2 & 3. 12" and 10" chef knifes both are my favorites while cutting up veggies.
4. roast slicer, great for slicing up prime rib
5. carving knife. great for turkeys and roasts
6& 7. boners, one is hard the other is flexible, depends on what type of meat/ seafood depends on which one to use it can remove fat and anything else you do not in the preparation of your meal.
8. paring knife, goodness it is a very handy knife ,from topping veggies to making a tomato rose.
9. 10" steel to keep the edge on them plus have a triple stone < course/medium/ fine>.

but thats my tried and true friends in the kitchen

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
I have a whole drawer full of knives. All sizes and blade /handle types. My favorite is Old Hickory, I have the big butcher knives and a small paring knife.

flowerweaver

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I just replaced all of mine with Rada about four months ago and love them. The are affordable, attractive, and the sharpest knives I've ever owned.