What is Your Favorite Knife ?

flowerweaver

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
On the Rada knives I don't think there's any glue since there is no wood. I like that about them too. I bought a basic set and added a grapefruit knife and a different paring knife. Haven't had to sharpen them yet and have used them daily.

flowerweaver

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Two years ago the post office in my ghost town (41 people) went to half days and we've had at least nine 'post master replacements' cycle through there, most of them in their early 20's and dumb as doornails. I cannot tell you how many important pieces of mail have shown up 3 months late, or not at all, or packages of things I've ordered been returned to sender for no logical reason. I am required to pay nearly $100/year for a box when I live within walking distance, yet mail is delivered free to remote ranches. It is one of the most poorly run departments and I am looking forward to the day when FedEx and UPS puts them out of their misery!

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
Two years ago the post office in my ghost town (41 people) went to half days and we've had at least nine 'post master replacements' cycle through there, most of them in their early 20's and dumb as doornails. I cannot tell you how many important pieces of mail have shown up 3 months late, or not at all, or packages of things I've ordered been returned to sender for no logical reason. I am required to pay nearly $100/year for a box when I live within walking distance, yet mail is delivered free to remote ranches. It is one of the most poorly run departments and I am looking forward to the day when FedEx and UPS puts them out of their misery!
OUCH... Both my Grandfathers and my Dad where mail carriers. Grandpa E. walked a route in Davenport, IA Grandpa G. drove rural Eldridge, IA until retiring when my Dad rook the route until his retirement. Back then you could almost set your clocks by the time they would arrive at your box. Yes things are changing. I do not agree with the P.O. *Right-sizing* Finally we have a great Post Master again. After cutting window hours nearly in half. BUT. I DISLIKE Fed-Ex ... I have had to go look for delivered packages or had neighbors bring it to me when it was left on their stoop. So maybe it isn't just the Post Office as much as the world we live in now. :(

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
For a while our mailman used to stop at local bar for liquid lunch. I would get mail addressed to other states. Always made me wonder who was getting my mail. Believe or not he kept his job for several years

flowerweaver

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
@Carol Dee my mother was a postmaster for over 25 years. She doesn't like to hear my comments. But it's not not the same service anymore. The only reason they keep mine open is the volume of packages. Everybody shops online since we are so far from everything.

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Nyboy, how do you like your Rada knives? I need to get one or a couple for our cabin and remembered this thread.

Mary