What is Your Favorite Knife ?

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Ebay still has the set for $40. But I find that I usually only end up using one knife from the whole set. I'd like to get a Chef's or butcher knife. They just seem so cheap that I'm afraid I'll get what I pay for.

Mary

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
I was. They're still on my Amazon wish list...I keep ordering other stuff that is higher priority at the time.

Maybe I'll tell my boys they would make a good Christmas gift!

valley ranch

Garden Master
Reaction score
Sierra Nevada mountains, and Nevada high desert
There is such a thing as: Good knives! Knives made from good steel. We have some good Stainless Steel knives, that take and hold a good edge. I have some Old Hickory Carbon Steel knives that, I love, they hold and edge like you can't believe. I have also knives from the shop we had where we butchered Poultry for public and restaurants. Nothing like good knifes if you're dressing meat for the freezer or table.

If you prepare you meats Red, White or fish. You should have a Boning knife, nothing will do where a boning knife is needed. French knives are needed to quickly cut and chop without your knuckles hitting the board. Butcher knives are great for many jobs. Paring knives of different lengths and sizes are good too.

There is a nice set of Stainless blades on page 1 or 2 of this thread, majorcatfish ,I think, everything but a boning knife.

I hate serrated edge knives, they are saws.

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Valley ranch, I'm the type of person that uses the same 2 knives over and over. I've bought sets before and they were a total waste. I only use the paring, butcher, and bread knife. Right now I'm looking for just a chef's/butcher knife.

Mary

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
@ninnymary my personally 3 favorites are 10" chefs knife, 12" butchers knife and 6" flexible boning knife. wusthof and henkel are the upper end they will last a life time....

canesisters

Garden Master
Reaction score
I have 3 that I keep in the 'butcher bag'. I have no idea of the brand but it's a short paring, a long flexible boning and a med sized butcher knife. They are razor sharp.
My roommate hacks at whatever she's cutting and has made so many gouges and nicks in the cutting boards that I don't bother with trying to keep sharp knives in the kitchen. I just sharpen one when I need a good, sharp edge.

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
@ninnymary my personally 3 favorites are 10" chefs knife, 12" butchers knife and 6" flexible boning knife. wusthof and henkel are the upper end they will last a life time....
I have a Wusthof at home that is all I use. I'm looking for a good cheaper one for our cabin where it won't get used that much.

Mary

Latest posts