What I've been waiting for...

897tgigvib

Garden Master
Reaction score
Lesa's upstate new york has spring, and now i hear Wisconsin and Arkansas have winter again. blowing my mind!

lesa

Garden Master
Reaction score
Oh no!!! No exaggeration- if I saw 9 inches of snow, I would lay down and cry... Sorry my friends. Spring is bound to be coming, but it sure is taking its sweet time!

897tgigvib

Garden Master
Reaction score
Changing launch day and time for a sooner launch of the first small weather changing satellite!

The modified Titan V5e will liftoff this evening carrying the deployable 5 mile wide mylar mirror to reflect extra sunlight to portions of the northern United States down to northern Arkansas. Initial deployment from a roughly circular orbit 134 miles will take place by tomorrow morning. If all goes according to plan, Every 2 hours and 12 minutes the mirror will do an orbit of earth, and for nearly half that time will be directed at the north regions of the USA. For it's first 53 orbits no other planned use will be performed until the NOAA analyzes the results of the initial test.

For those interested in observing, please be careful, and do not look directly at the mirror. From many positions it will be visible as a very bright yellow dot rivalling the sun in intensity. Please do not be alarmed when at 3 am it is daylight. From positions outside the direction of its aimed target, the mirror will appear as a tiny moon crossing the sky from west to east rapidly against the stars.

The Russian and Chinese governments are highly interested in this test mission and both have offered to pay a significant amount for use time, however, long and short term effects will need to be observed, reported on, and peer reviewed.

The Mad Scientist Marshall, reporting from the underground lab.

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
Just be careful you are not reflecting bright sunlight to me here in Missouri after 9 PM or so. It might be mistaken for a UFO, and get shot down. At the very least, you would arouse suspicion from the local constabulary.

bobm

Garden Master
Reaction score
Too ... that orb will cause a disruption of the life and sleep cycle of all animals , migratory patterns of birds, not to mention climate change, etc. :th

Latest posts