What kind of (speckled, seeded) grape am I?

GPN

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
Those look like what my client gave me a handful of yesterday, which she called scubbernogs, and I asked if it was musadines, she repeated scubbernogs, I want to plant some of the seeds to get my own vine, I have read you need to refrigate 40-60 days, is there another way other than getting a sucker to grow them? I am just learning to care for plants and things because I live with momma and daddy still at the age of 29, but I want to get my own place soon. and grow everything

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
GPN said:
Those look like what my client gave me a handful of yesterday, which she called scubbernogs, and I asked if it was musadines, she repeated scubbernogs, I want to plant some of the seeds to get my own vine, I have read you need to refrigate 40-60 days, is there another way other than getting a sucker to grow them? I am just learning to care for plants and things because I live with momma and daddy still at the age of 29, but I want to get my own place soon. and grow everything
Ahhh... Scuppernog grapes are actually a light green/gold color and spotted... they are lighter and sweeter in flavor then the red muscadine. The gold varities are much closer to the actual wild beginnings of the muscadine grape. Both are still found throughout the Blue ridge mountain trail.... larger seeds are found in the wild ones.... but they've been cultivated for a long time now in the south since most other grapes don't grow well here, that the seeds have gotten smaller and the grapes themselves have gotten bigger.

I just had a nice glass of Hatteras Red Muscadine wine last night...

For more info, you can visit DuplinWinery.com or http://www.adamsvineyards.com/ (This winery is across the street from my mom's house. I get my grapes for them jelly from them).

Which reminds me, here's the jelly I made the other day:
http://www.etsy.com/listing/54690638/muscadine-grape-organic-jelly-nc-grown

Sorry for all the BLAH BLAH BLAH, I LOVE Muscadine Grapes!!!

Going to get some Scuppernog from a neighbor's vine this weekend, as I saw them falling on the ground the other day. He told me to please help myself!!! :D

GPN

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
vfem said:
GPN said:
Ahhh... Scuppernog grapes are actually a light green/gold color and spotted... they are lighter and sweeter in flavor then the red muscadine. The gold varities are much closer to the actual wild beginnings of the muscadine grape. Both are still found throughout the Blue ridge mountain trail.... larger seeds are found in the wild ones.... but they've been cultivated for a long time now in the south since most other grapes don't grow well here, that the seeds have gotten smaller and the grapes themselves have gotten bigger.

I just had a nice glass of Hatteras Red Muscadine wine last night...

For more info, you can visit DuplinWinery.com or http://www.adamsvineyards.com/ (This winery is across the street from my mom's house. I get my grapes for them jelly from them).

Which reminds me, here's the jelly I made the other day:
http://www.etsy.com/listing/54690638/muscadine-grape-organic-jelly-nc-grown

Sorry for all the BLAH BLAH BLAH, I LOVE Muscadine Grapes!!!

Going to get some Scuppernog from a neighbor's vine this weekend, as I saw them falling on the ground the other day. He told me to please help myself!!! :D
muscadine is what everyone has told me and I LOVE THEM!!! I also found my uncle has a winery about a block away from him! bout 30 mins north of me!! Daddy was gone try to see if they have muscadines for sale today and he came by!

he will be here soon!

Latest posts