What Pest Do Deal With In Garden ?

lesa

Garden Master
Reaction score
Nyboy, are you sure you had peaches on those trees this year? We had something strange happen - and none of our peach trees have any fruit- nor do others in the area. The flowering trees took a beating with the weird spring we had. I have apples and plums- but not a peach in sight.

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
:lol::lol::lol::lol: outdated beer :lol::lol::lol::lol: Never in my house.
A friend of ours was helping my husband build my coop so I got him his favorite beer. There was some leftover so I saved it for next time. Well next time came and I gave him a beer which he immediately spewed out! He said it was gross and checked the date and sure enough it had expired. Who knew? Certainly not me, haha

Mary

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
my biggest foes are the jp and stripped cucumber beetles....really trying 100% organic this year...

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
I'm adding robins to my list. I was weeding the blueberries the other evening and a robin came along to sit on the fence and keep me company... Not!

He was really eyeballing my BBs for any ripe ones. There aren't any, but some are coloring up. So the dang bird swoops down off the fence and hits a bush with his wings. Right in front of me! That must be why I've seen some unripe ones lying on the ground. Well I'm not going out of my way to say hi to that robin anymore.
And now they're all netted, so hopefully that will be the end of that.

Last edited:

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Well I should add Blue Jays to my list too. Last year caught them snacking so I netted 2 plants. This year I still have 2 that are not covered. One of them had a nice amount of blueberries but I'm been eating every single one. :p Dumb birds.

Mary

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
A friend of ours was helping my husband build my coop so I got him his favorite beer. There was some leftover so I saved it for next time. Well next time came and I gave him a beer which he immediately spewed out! He said it was gross and checked the date and sure enough it had expired. Who knew? Certainly not me, haha

Mary
Then maybe the slugs would not like it.