What Temperature Your House ?

Gardening with Rabbits

Garden Master
Reaction score
Depends on how many logs on the fire. I decided not to be cold this year. The only heat is in the office and bathroom with electric heater. The woodstove is the only other heat and we still have high electric bills. It would be smart to put a woodstove in the office since I spend most of the time in here. The house is different depending on time of day. The office is to the west and in the morning is cold, and have an electric heater and later turn it off when the sun gets around to this side. When cloudy sometimes I have a blanket and heating pad in the winter even with the little heater running. The kitchen is warm and living room with the woodstove takes the chill out. Bedrooms can get cold if I do not keep the fire going and DS and I each of an electric blanket. He likes a cooler room than I do, so he likes his room cold and I used to but not anymore.

pon521

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
For me the best temperature is between 65 and 70. Of course when it gets colder or warmer I change it. It depends on weather and also on season. In winter I had a situation when I had to heat it to about 80.

ducks4you

Garden Master
Reaction score
East Central IL, Was Zone 6, Now...maybe Zone 5
Sooooo..."one Smart Duck, SHE felt Smart" (repeat, repeat, repeat)
Decided to clean my upstairs windows. Didn't want to use a ladder to reach the outsides of my interior double panes---there are 12 total windows what with 3 panels, 2 panes + 2 storm windows per dormer and there are 3 dormers.
The wood needs help. Some of the panes slide pretty easily, others need some help. I am working with one of the latter, using soap and oil to lubricate. Last time up it won't move, I use my elbow to push it down and Shattered the upper pane. :hit:hit:hit
Just one little cut on my finger, NO animals were allowed upstairs (mostly bc the cats and the puppy trash stuff), so only me with the shattered window. I got all of the pieces bagged up in a dog food bag, and used my Electrolux to get all of the shards. (I keep a Bissell cheap sweeper upstairs bc of low traffic for most sweeping but it doesn't have much power. However it can pick up dust which is "poison" to my Electrolux. Every tool has it's purpose.)
Now we HAVE to have the local, in town roof and window folks out. I have to replace 3 window panes, the one I broke and two other missing storm windows.
Snow Tomorrow Night--NO KIDDING!!!

Last edited:

thejenx

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
When we're at home we turn the heat up to 67 and lower it at night to 60. Only the living room gets heated to this temperature, the rest of the house is cooler.

Gardening with Rabbits

Garden Master
Reaction score
Rabbits you live in Idaho and have no full house heating system?

That's right. When we bought the house it had baseboard heaters in each room, but we took them out except the bedrooms, but we do not use them. We use a woodstove for most of the house, just the back office and bathroom we use a baseboard heater and the bathroom has a little electric heater. It is not bad as long as you keep the fire going. The office has huge windows that are old and leak air and it will take a lot for us to replace these, but if we do I think it would save us a lot on the electric bill.

Latest posts