what the heck have we here....

EggsForIHOP

Leafing Out
Reaction score
OMG! LOL! For a minute I NEARLY had a stroke! And then I realized you were teasing! You MUST know my dad...he ALWAYS told us "snipe" stories as kids...the fuzzy tufted snipe, the rare crested snipe....

I can't wait until a few more turn just right and I can make something...they are pretty durn good!

So what ya'll are saying is, while I am admittedly a lousy gardener...I am a VERY lucky quasi-Texan to have one of these right in the yard huh? It's a plant that thrives on my benign neglect...pretty nifty!

897tgigvib

Garden Master
Reaction score
Yup, having the Mulberry tree is a good thing to have, especially since your birds are not yet eating a lot of them, unless of course your pickup truck is purple, then even that's good!

Now we can talk more about mulberry recipes!
They mostly seem to be recipes where ya mix the mulberries with raspberries, and make pies and turnovers, but nobody seems to have made mulberry ice cream yet! How would that one be if crushed chocolate chips were in it too?

Course then there's some folks with good taste who would appreciate having a whole flock of birds visit a mulberry tree and then having an all night party on top of their 1972 white volkswagon van so they could do a free psychedelic paint job on it!

I want a mulberry tree! In fact, I want two of them, one with white mulberries!

nachoqtpie

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
:lol:

When I first started reading this I was thinking "This guy is full of CRAP!" and then I read a lil more and then I started to LOL. Marshall.. you are too funny sir!

897tgigvib

Garden Master
Reaction score
Well...
I have a GREAT need to get a couple Mulberry trees for all the BIGFOOT kids that roam these hills. You see, the Bigfoot kids really do enjoy the wild Blackberries, but when those are done Mulberries would be a nice treat for them. Everyone always talks about the Bigfoot man, but they forget that the Bigfoot women have kids! Such shameful thinking modern humans have! Those Bigfoot kids have a really hard life learning to avoid humans and all the fun human kids get to have. Has anyone ever heard tv shows talking about finding Bigfoot kid footprints? No. Well up here at the lake when nobody is around and I go hiking I often see Bigfoot kid prints. They have 5 big toes on each size 7 or 9 feet, and they have a high arch, and definitely no claws. I'm waiting for the day one of the Bigfoot kids sneaks into my boat and takes it for a joyride on the lake. Pretty sure the bigger one is getting to that mischievous age. I just hope she's a good driver!

:rainbow-sun

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Thank you for the smiles.... and for the story!

I may have to save that one to share with my daughter later. She's an easy one to pull 1 over on. :D hahahaha