What the heck to do with BUCKWHEAT?!

897tgigvib

Garden Master
Reaction score
Manure and compost would definitely have to be sent by bulk egoodiesemail!

Set the receiver chute at the compost site, or heck, like a nozzle to aim right at the garden beds...that'd save a lot of shipping charges!

They sure didn't do that on Star Trek!

Replicators set to make compost!

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
Contacted Aunt Jemina brand, they don't make it and they won't share the recipe. Dirt rotten scoundrels.

897tgigvib

Garden Master
Reaction score
West Virginians know this?

From the wikipedia article about Buckwheat:

The buckwheat plant is celebrated in Kingwood, West Virginia at their Buckwheat Festival, where people can participate in swine, cattle, and sheep judging contests, vegetable contests, and craft fairs. The area fire departments also play an important role in the series of parades that occur there. Each year there is a King Buckwheat and Queen Ceres elected. Also there are many rides, and homemade, homegrown buckwheat cakes and sausage are served.

April Manier

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Well, here is the recipe I put on my site for Banana buckwheat muffins with apple in them. Really fabulous. Preceding it on the home page is a nutritional article on it.
http://heronsnestfarm.blogspot.com/2013/02/banana-buckwheat-muffins.html

As far as the pancakes go, you have. to use soda and powder to get them fluffy, You also need an egg to get that cake thing going. I have begun adding it to my recipes and incrementally upping the percentage of buckwheat. I'll keep you posted. This weekend I am experimenting with pancake recipes.....more on that next week!

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
April Manier said:
Well, here is the recipe I put on my site for Banana buckwheat muffins with apple in them. Really fabulous. Preceding it on the home page is a nutritional article on it.

As far as the pancakes go, you have. to use soda and powder to get them fluffy, You also need an egg to get that cake thing going. I have begun adding it to my recipes and incrementally upping the percentage of buckwheat. I'll keep you posted. This weekend I am experimenting with pancake recipes.....more on that next week!
Do I send my address so you can send some of your samples for me to test eat? :)

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
seedcorn said:
April Manier said:

Do I send my address so you can send some of your samples for me to test eat? :)
better yet we all should meet at Aprils house for breakfast....

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
Ok by me. I like bacon with my pancakes........ :)

897tgigvib

Garden Master
Reaction score
I'll bring my jar of Sorghum syrup!

Who's bringing the blackberry jelly?

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
I have that covered..
who's bringing the eggs and potatoes ?

bet april is going to be surprised that she's going to have a crowd for breakfast in a couple weeks..:lol:

897tgigvib

Garden Master
Reaction score
We can turn it into a fireman's buckwheat pancake feed at heronsnest farms!

Latest posts