What's wrong with my watermelon leaves and can I save tomatoes with bad leaf spot

heather smith

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
Super sad face :-( this has not been a good garden year for me

heather smith

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
That would be fantastic! Everything was going great for me until we had a week with very very bad rains and winds and then it all started going down hill

heather smith

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
So is my garden doomed for sure now? We can't use any tomatoes that come off and appear ok? What about my other plants? Can we salvage any of our veggies to be consumed?

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
not at all ......just needs a little pampering, regular deep watering and fungicide....
gallons of water for the cucumbers and corn, moderate water for the tomatoes and melons, if the melons are small maybe a little extra water.

will know monday when the driver will show up friday..

heather smith

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
It seems like warsaw is about an hour from me. I live on camp lejeune marine corps base in jacksonville

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
Yes they are about a hour apart

You ask if your veggies will be edible.. Yes they will be edible ...

Last edited:

heather smith

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
Hey major, any idea what might be a good time if I can make it on Friday and what the cost would be? Also, I am already trying to plan differently next year. After this season is over I'm going to pull up everything and dispose of all the garden waste, but do I also need to clean the beds off with anything to prevent this kind of widespread disease from happening again? Get rid of all the soil mixture I put it and start over with new soil too?

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
You might want to put a clear plastic film over the garden bed once it is cleaned up. The sun will help to heat and sterilize the soil and make it safe for next year. I would also suggest having some good compost ready for next spring as well.

Latest posts