When do you give up & start over??

AmyRey

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
My seed starting tray came with a tightly fitting clear lid. I can't imagine that placing that in a sunny window indoors wouldn't create warm enough soil temps (at the top of the soil anyway, the bottom of the soil may lose heat through contact with the bottom of the tray.)

obsessed

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I give up very often. For me, I work full time, kids, soccer, PTA and propagation in general is such a detailed endevor it is just really hard for me to not kill everything. LIke I killed all my tomatoes this year cause I got sick and last year twice they got knocked over....So what I have decided was to do less. Like my tomatoes are so important in my garden that I am going to leave it to Lowes. And Cutting well I take them and if they grow they grow. and the zinniasss well I throw in more seeds....and hope.

I try to take a laze fare attitude or else it upsets me too much thinking about my failures.

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
Hey Obsessed, I've seen your pictures and you must be doing something right because it sure looked productive to me.
The day will come when it all works together, time, weather, life...:)

obsessed

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
yeah I have really whittled down my gardening to thing that are 1. hard to kill 2. somebody else can grow in case I kill 3. relatively easy.

At first I was buying all kind of different peppers tomatoes etc and then found keeping track was really hard and then seedlings are so easy to kill. And I also whittled down what won't get eaten so much. like nobody but me likes collards but everybody likes swiss chard. so next year I will probably take the year off of collards and go to swiss. And then the brussel sprouts and califlower wer just too much work so I am goin to stay with brocoli and cabbage..... Lessons learned

I moved into flowers to kind of take the pressure off of veggies for me. Like when I came into this I was die hard that I was only going to grow what I ate. But the reality is I am unable to do that. so now I grow what I can.

Latest posts