When to harvest zucchini?

hoodat

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Don't forget, there are a lot of recipes out there, both Italian and Asian, that call for unpolinated small zuchini just before the flowers open. You cook them with the flowers still attached. Delicious.

Mrs.H

Sprout
Reaction score
Thanks for all the replies, very helpful!

dipence71

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
You can use any size. Just experiment. I usually have a bumper crop and have come up with some interesting recipes by searching online and just winging it.
Example: fried zucchini, zucchini fritters, zucchini salsa(which my family absolutely LOVES), pickle relish, jam, chocolate cake(another favorite), muffins, bread, grind it up superfine and add it to almost any dish for added healthy ingredients no one will notice, tomato zucc soup.

Anyway you get the idea. You can use it just about anyway you can imagine. It is very versital and not overwhelming flavor.

HunkieDorie23

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Rachel Ray grated some zucchini and added it to some ground meat she was frying and used it as a filler. What a great way to stretch a meal and get some veggies into your kids. I think she made some burritos or something with it. Looked awesome and I can't wait to try it.

Latest posts