When to plant fruit trees??

theOEGBman

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Hey Everyone!

I would go to my grandma for this question, but the fruit tree is for her! She's been wanting a Nectarine or Cling Peach(? I think ?). Her birthday is on the 10th, and I brought the idea up to my mom and dad to get her one. So my question is, if we could find a tree for her right now, would now be a good time to plant it. Im in California, and I cant remember what zone Im in now that I need to know! Also, if now is a good time, do you have any Nectarines or Cling Peaches you would recommend? We already have one peach, but I have no idea what it is!

Thanks,
Jordan

coopy

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Jordan the best advice I can give you is to call your extenion agency in your area. They will know for sure.

aee96

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
They are a freestone peach, but I highly recommend Tropic Snow peaches. They are white fleshed and the best tasting peaches ever!

patandchickens

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Yeah, ask your extension service... but in general, in non really cold winter climates (i.e. not up here :p) fall is the best time to plant most trees and shrubs.

Have fun,

Pat

theOEGBman

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Thanks, everyone! I think I'll ask my grandma, lol. We are always talking about a million things we want, so hopefully I can question her about it and she wont catch on!

aee, thank you! I will have to look out for those. We have a yellow peach, so a white would be nice.

Pat, I dont believe it ever gets cold here in CA,lol.

Aneesa's Muse

Sprout
Reaction score
Hey Jordan.. I am zone 9, but I'm a little ways south of you (in the bay area), so I don't know if it's the same. :/

I'm kind of in the same boat as you, too ...have two new Loquat trees ..teeny ones.. and not sure when is good to plant them. I'm going to ask them at my favorite nursery, today ;)

Good luck getting info out of Grandma without her catching on.. Grans are super smart, y'know :p

theOEGBman

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Hey Aminah!

I dont think you are too far away, but what do I know? lol.

Well, grandma has found us out! haha. Her birthday was on the 10th, but the nursery isnt getting any trees til January! They had some, but nothing that really interested her. So we are just going to get everything prepared, find where we want to plant them and then be ready. We are both extremely excited though. She was so happy when I told her!

Latest posts