When to plant tulips?

YourRabbitGirl

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
I think that container I just fine. I planted mine in a container smaller than that. but they are very healthy now. they will strive. don't worry.
I don't know exactly when. but what I'm sure is I can plant gumamela plant any time every year. good luck with that though.

YourRabbitGirl

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
I hope I can plant tulips here in the Philippines, Are they gonna live here? I mean is there gonna be any issues?

ducks4you

Garden Master
Reaction score
East Central IL, Was Zone 6, Now...maybe Zone 5
@YourRabbitGirl , tulips originated in the mountains of Turkey. They have to have a cold period. Some people in the Southern US will put their tulips in the freezer for a couple of months, then the refridgerator for a month before planting to duplicate natural conditions. Tulips are perennials for me, but may only be annuals for you.

YourRabbitGirl

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
I don't know exactly when. but what I'm sure is I can plant gumamela plant any time every year. good luck with that though.
Unlike other plants, the colder it is, the better when it comes to planting tulips in the spring. Bulbs should be planted six weeks before frost in the fall, but they can survive if root time is provided. ... If you have bulbs, you can plant them at any point in the winter, January or February, in hopes of a spring blossom.