Where do you buy your seeds?

Lavender2

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
If your looking for CHEAP flower seed, check out Cheap Seeds.
They have limited varieties but the company has great reviews!
You have to want a LOT of seed though... Packs are several hundred to several thousand seed for around $3.50 (some cheaper).
Buy 5 packs and get 7,700 Gloriosa Daisy seeds FREE!

I received my order in 3 days ... oh... shipping is FREE too! :woot

nittygrittydirtdigger

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Wow, thanks for the link. We have discovered that something will grow on every square inch of our 2.7 acres. After spending last summer pulling, digging and burning weeds, we have decided to cover as much area as possible in wildflowers. After looking at the cost, we realized we would have to scale way back, but this site has seed by the pound for a very good price. Bring on the meadows!

PunkinPeep

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
wow! that's an awesome option for flowers - especially wild flowers. i'll have to look it over, but i'm digging the possibilities.

ducks4you

Garden Master
Reaction score
East Central IL, Was Zone 6, Now...maybe Zone 5
Lavender2 said:
If your looking for CHEAP flower seed, check out Cheap Seeds.
They have limited varieties but the company has great reviews!
You have to want a LOT of seed though... Packs are several hundred to several thousand seed for around $3.50 (some cheaper).
Buy 5 packs and get 7,700 Gloriosa Daisy seeds FREE!

I received my order in 3 days ... oh... shipping is FREE too! :woot
Thanks for the link! :hugs Neat site for "lazy, brownish/greenish thumbs", like ME!! :throw
Interesting sublinks like, "Wedding Favor Mixes" and thousands of seeds in a packet for under $5. Now, it's bookmarked, of COURSE.
Their greenhouses are beautiful and a little pricy. Here's a cheaper, $399.99 alternative at Harbor Freight:
http://www.harborfreightusa.com/usa...o?itemid=47712&CategoryName=&SubCategoryName=

Think I'll try my hand at building one after the coop is done next year. I certainly can use that collection of old farm windows cluttering up a corner of my loft!!

Lavender2

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Your welcome, ducks. That's how I found that site... (wedding favors). My son is getting married in June.
His fiance is an Ag teacher (we get along SO well... :cool:), so of course the wedding favor will be seeds.

I wanted to experiment with starting pansies from seed this year... if I screw up 2,000 seeds I'll call it quits ...:lol:

I would LOVE a greenhouse! Old window greenhouses are much more charming than the commercial ones ... good luck!
I wish I could figure out a way to heat one in this state, counting out remortgaging the house... :/

Lavender2

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
nittygrittydirtdigger said:
Wow, thanks for the link. We have discovered that something will grow on every square inch of our 2.7 acres. After spending last summer pulling, digging and burning weeds, we have decided to cover as much area as possible in wildflowers. After looking at the cost, we realized we would have to scale way back, but this site has seed by the pound for a very good price. Bring on the meadows!
:th ... OH WOW ... wouldn't that beautiful?! Acres of wildflowers...:love

boggybranch

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I know a guy that buys his pea seed at the grocery store. The regular 1 pound bag that you buy to cook (dried peas, of course).
He's been doing it for 35 years.

jamespm_98

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
boggybranch said:
I know a guy that buys his pea seed at the grocery store. The regular 1 pound bag that you buy to cook (dried peas, of course).
He's been doing it for 35 years.
I planted blackeyed peas the last couple of years from dried peas I purchased at the grocery store. The elderly lady who runs one of our local feed and seed told me to do this when I asked if she had any blackeyed peas for seed. She said she did, but not to waste my money on them. For less than a dollar I got a bag of peas which I am still planting from. Don't know the variety, but they are prolific growers and seem to make peas the same as the ones in the bag.

Latest posts