White House gardening

DrakeMaiden

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I'd like to see the first family out weeding the veggie garden together. :D Maybe Barack will find it a good way to relieve stress. Maybe he'll go out and weed in the middle of the night when he can't sleep.

dbjay417

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Thats nice. i like an active first lady. I just wish it was a little more widely publicized.

inchworm

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
I must be doing something wrong. When I garden, I can never wear a navy blue spotless sweater with pristine black pants . :idunno

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Hmmm... someone should have her review HR 875 while she's dining on some of her hard work! :barnie

okiemommy

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
:lol: :lol:

I wonder how long it's been since the White House has had a Victory Garden? Interesting for sure.

Lettuce Lady

Leafing Out
Reaction score
okiemommy said:
:lol: :lol:

I wonder how long it's been since the White House has had a Victory Garden? Interesting for sure.
According to the NY Times Eleanor Roosevelt was the last one to have a veggie garden at the White House.

Now gardens are going to become even more trendy. :/ I don't want to be trendy I'm just too lazy to go to the store.

curly_kate

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
dbjay417 said:
Thats nice. i like an active first lady. I just wish it was a little more widely publicized.
I was pleasantly surprised with the amount of coverage I saw on it. I heard it twice on NPR, once or twice on our local news, and there was an article about it in the paper. Although seeing Mrs. Obama breaking ground in nice boots and a skirt was pretty amusing! :lol:

Latest posts