Who are you, and what does that avatar really mean?

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
You just have to throw off that ball & chain and maybe:

no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no no,no,no,no . . . it's Janis Joplin. See how far She & I can go wrong, wrong, wrong . . .

;)

Steve
there's worse things you could do as you wait around for Summertime . . .

buckabucka

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I came here from the chicken forum. Buckabucka was the name of a friend's chicken, back when he was a hippy of sorts. He told me a rather funny story about when he lived communally, and kept a chicken living in the bathroom. Housemates objected, but he lured them into submission with the promise of fresh eggs, until, that is, the chicken began to crow.
I am a metal sculptor, (or at least I used to have time to be before I started a full-time teaching job) and my avatar is a trio of chickens that I made.

buckabucka

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Hmmm.... I see my avatar does not appear here. apparently I did not carry it over from the chicken forum. Another project for today...

897tgigvib

Garden Master
Reaction score
My handle here is my real actual borned name, well, except I left out capital letters and put no space between.

My avatar, well, in my day that would've been called my picture, lol, is a real actual picture of me taken around 2006 when I worked in the greenhouse in Dillon Montana. Still have the hat but its kind of worn.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Thank you, Thistle'!

I took the opportunity to click my avatar picture up there at the top of this page and listen to Janis Joplin sing "Maybe" for the 1st time in nearly half a year!

Wanted more Janis so, I clicked on the YouTube sidebar and listened to "Summertime" . . . on this dreary, dreary day & the sun almost came out in a stormy sky . . .

Steve :)
Randomly Rambling but there are worse things you could do as you wait around for Summertime . . .

click the daisy!

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
Marshall, when I saw your first post I thought your name was "Marshalls Myth" :D .

You're welcome Steve! I am actually happy that it rained, because it gave me a valid excuse to stay home today. I'm sooo tired! I've been working really hard trying to keep everyone happy that wanted me "yesterday". Son #1 even came down Monday and helped me out.
I'm glad to see it today but fickle enough to be happy to see it gone tomorrow.

Yeah, we got a little taste of "Summertime" on Monday didn't we?

SweetMissDaisy

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
My avatar is an image I drew that resembles the real me ... right down to the hairdo. I use her on the top of my blog:
http://sweetmissdaisy.typepad.com

My username is my dog's name ... she's a chocolate lab. :)

6a00d8341c2d2753ef0133f46d796a970b-800wi

MuranoFarms

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
Our last name is Murano. We moved to the middle of nowhere (from the city) a few years back. DH was programming the GPS in the car and for the name of our address he entered "Murano Farms". No clue why. It wasn't a traditional farm, just a house somebody had built on a clearing in the woods. There was no plan to get animals and I hadn't gardened in years at that point. Now 80 critters later, and a garden that's probably close to 1/4 acre....it's a whole different story! lol My avatar is 3 silkie roos that somebody gave me in at the beginning. They sat so pretty for the picture, I just love it. I was on BYC first and still use it there....figured I should just stay the same with name and avatar on here. Now I'm on SS too, so I'll probably use the same avatar there also.

Jared77

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Mine's pretty simple and not overly creative. Its my first name and the year I was born 1977. I'm so creative I use it for all the forums I sign into here BYC, SS, BYH, and even a few of the other websites I visit. Far as my avatar goes itseven more simple. I lack the technical skills to resize a phoro, so I got a sample one off the net. So when I"m not being a dedicated husband, loving father, Paramedic, avid gardener and uotdoorsman in my FREE TIME I train my Golden Retrievers for hunt tests. I love the breed, and really enjoy the training.