Who has been here the longest?

Beekissed

Garden Master
Reaction score
How about 'Sweet Saps? After all there isn't much maple syrup tapping for the southerners. Even in Arkansas there is only the shortest of time frames it can be accomplished (if at all).

Some of the biggest maple sugar operations can be found in WV and VA, so I guess that leaves us out of the whole "southern" sweet pea crowd. ;)

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
I am just fine with calling people who live in the north Nawthurners. It's the same as Northerners, but without the drawl. If Nawthurners don't work, then what about Friends? Probably not what @seedcorn is looking for, but he deserves his very own special moniker .......... Amigo. :plbb

Ridgerunner

Garden Master
Reaction score
I went out this morning to take a few photos just for you @seedcorn since you can't seem to get enough. You keep asking for more.

Azalias.JPG

First an Azalea to help brighten your morning.

Asian Pear.JPG

Then an Asian Pear with some fruit setting on

Turnips.JPG

Then some turnips. Not long before I'm eating turnip greens. My wife enjoys them more than I do but they are OK.

Potatoes.JPG

And some potatoes. Hilling these up again is on today's agenda.

lcertuche

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
@Ridgerunner I'm jealous. I planted potatoes but nothing is breaking ground yet. Nothing better than a mess of new potatoes for supper!

Ridgerunner

Garden Master
Reaction score
@Ridgerunner I'm jealous. I planted potatoes but nothing is breaking ground yet. Nothing better than a mess of new potatoes for supper!
My potatoes got burned a bit on that last frost, but it was minor damage. I did not cover anything and even the lettuce came away clean, it was just the potatoes and that really did not hurt them.

Latest posts