Who has been here the longest?

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
I could access my olde My Page through that gallery
I'm curious, did any of you reading this thread ever look at My Page or anyone's, other than your own ;), My Page was just a TEG webpage for our own use prior to the format change in 2013.

Did you have your own My Page?

Mine mostly had a few. garden pictures. My father is in one ... doing something over past the dahlias and apple tree.

Steve

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Snowbirds in Texas are tactfully called "Transplanted Texans" They come for the winter and bring their money with them.

lcertuche

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I recently heard that many northern folks and Californians are moving to Texas. Hmmm, curious why that is when Arkansas is such a lovely place to live.

If I vote for northern names I suppose it would be 'Snowbirds'.

I know people say Arkansas saw is the south but it sure ain't very south except maybe our accent and we say worsh for wash or worshing dishes instead of washing dishes.

Sumi I love you from the sufficientself.com sister site and love your see nature and comments.

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
Snowbirds would only apply to Nawthurners who leave the north for the winter and fly south.
& fly back north to HOME. Come on sweet peas you are not even trying......

What I find interesting is that sweet peas don't grow in the south. When the phrase bless your pea pickin heart, it is referring to black eyed peas, not sweet peas. Soooooo, you need to find something that may relate to us "nawtherners" but really doesn't belong. Step it up sweet peas, waiting for the winning answer...

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Pineapples?

actually, i thought the sweet peas were of the ornamental types.

digitS'

lcertuche

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
How about 'Sweet Saps? After all there isn't much maple syrup tapping for the southerners. Even in Arkansas there is only the shortest of time frames it can be accomplished (if at all).

Latest posts