Who is Having BQ Sat ?

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
I think I'm going to have to have hotdogs for dinner now, since I missed out yesterday. :)

dewdropsinwv

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I think I am going to simplify my cooking for the 4th next year. Seems I am always stuck in the kitchen and nothing goes smoothly despite my attempts to plan. The whole "too many cooks" thing... And my mom's kitchen is too small and ill-equipped to attempt much fancy cooking. I'd like to have more time to do fun stuff outside and not be stuck indoors cooking and cleaning up. It gets a little better each year. I take notes for the next!

I did gourmet hotdogs for a birthday cookout once. My family just didn't get into it as much as I'd hoped. No one would venture past the chili and slaw. It's a WV thing, I think. LOL

That's when you tell people to bring a covered dish.... I have done that in the past. Nothing wrong with it. If they dont want to help pitch in with cooking and cleaning, then that's the way to go.
I'm so glad Monty bought me a dish washer a couple of years ago. Makes cleaning up after holiday's much easier. When we are cooking out, it's paper plates and bowls all the way around here.

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
Yeah, my mom doesn't have a dishwasher, which would help.

We've kinda done potluck, everybody saying what they're bringing and filling in any gaps for what's left. My mom and my sister are not very reliable though. I can't tell you how many times they've brought things uncooked or unprepared and had to do it there, when everybody already came hungry is wanting to eat NOW. My sister is usually an hour or so late too. I almost think it would be easier if I just catered the whole thing myself. :confused:

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
That's when you tell people to bring a covered dish.... I have done that in the past. Nothing wrong with it. If they dont want to help pitch in with cooking and cleaning, then that's the way to go.
I'm so glad Monty bought me a dish washer a couple of years ago. Makes cleaning up after holiday's much easier. When we are cooking out, it's paper plates and bowls all the way around here.
Bring a dish and paper plates, too. Toss table cloth, plates and plastic utensils in fire! :eek:( I know it is not environmentally sound, but it only 1 time a year.) No clean up to speak of. :celebrate

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
My sister is crazy when it comes to her house. She has 3 dishwashers, she can't stand a dirty dish in sink. Her and her husband love to entertain, they could have sit down dinner for 20 and no dirty dishes in sight.

Latest posts