Whoa! the ads!

canesisters

Garden Master
Reaction score
Hummmm..... ?
When I first joined BYC I purchased a 'golden feather' membership which got me a year of no adds (and a couple of other perks that I can't remember).
Wonder why the other sites don't have something like that?

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
There was a telephone call last night. I almost never answer the phone - perhaps to yell, "just a minute!" I wasn't sure where DW was so I just looked at caller ID so as to tell her who wanted to talk to her.

It was from me.

What?!!! Oh yeah. Caller ID showed that our landline had a call from our landline. Automated calling computers are evolving.

Steve

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
There was a telephone call last night. I almost never answer the phone - perhaps to yell, "just a minute!" I wasn't sure where DW was so I just looked at caller ID so as to tell her who wanted to talk to her.

It was from me.

What?!!! Oh yeah. Caller ID showed that our landline had a call from our landline. Automated calling computers are evolving.

Steve

It's just the most up to date way to talk to yourself Steve.
I like to skip the middle man.

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score

It was from me.

Steve
THAT HAPPENED TO ME TO! ME CALLING MYSELF FROM INDIA!!!!

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score

It was from me.

Steve

I've had that happen several times, on my cell phone. I've not answered it though.

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
Hummmm..... ?
When I first joined BYC I purchased a 'golden feather' membership which got me a year of no adds (and a couple of other perks that I can't remember).
Wonder why the other sites don't have something like that?
What ads? Actually I do remember seeing a lot of ads-now none. When we got unbearable popups my husband installed some blocker. We were not getting ordinary pop up. We were getting whole pages. Every time a switched a page. Now I don't see TEG ads either. The TeEG ads I used to see were for Items I had googled to purchase. Now I get a box from our ad blocker that another iep address wants to go through our computer, and I have to block that address or let it through. The Indians are calling me again about a credit card. 3 in 2 days I keep them on the line as long as I can to annoy them and waste their time. I can't believe people actually do business with them. Or why else would they keep calling? My husband tries to talk to them a long time to annoy them. That usually stops the calls for a couple months.

Rhodie Ranch

Garden Master
Reaction score
Yeah, they are spoofing just about any number from any place. It will say a local area code but then it will say something like Medford OR. Doesn't fool me.

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
What ads? Actually I do remember seeing a lot of ads-now none. When we got unbearable popups my husband installed some blocker. We were not getting ordinary pop up. We were getting whole pages. Every time a switched a page. Now I don't see TEG ads either. The TeEG ads I used to see were for Items I had googled to purchase. Now I get a box from our ad blocker that another iep address wants to go through our computer, and I have to block that address or let it through. The Indians are calling me again about a credit card. 3 in 2 days I keep them on the line as long as I can to annoy them and waste their time. I can't believe people actually do business with them. Or why else would they keep calling? My husband tries to talk to them a long time to annoy them. That usually stops the calls for a couple months.

Yeah, they must be scamming enough people to make a living or else they couldn't afford to go on.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
This year, I'm not sure if I renewed the "do not call" thing.

I have done that before and might still have info that was sent, way back when, on how to do it. I tell DW not to bother to answer the phone if she doesn't recognize the number. Usually, she is conscientious about that but is sometimes in a hurry. She will also pick it up because there's only a number and she recognizes the area code. The phone goes to voice mail in 4 rings. We can always call back if someone leaves a message ...

I just had a thought -- what if the people she knows start calling and it isn't them ... or, if "pseudo-Steve" starts calling some of these people???

Steve