Why are people so messed up?

The Mama Chicken

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
At 2 am I woke up to my dog barking like mad, they were back on the porch. When I opened the door they ran off and I told my dog, "go get em!" He chased them off again. I haven't seen them yet today, but they'll be back.

The Mama Chicken

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
Smiles said:
Can't you shoot them? That's what we do here in the out-back.
Yes, we can. If they keep coming back I won't have a choice. I'll hate to do it, because it's not their fault that their owner is an idiot, but my children and livestock have to come first. There's a dairy about a mile down the road with a lot of newborn calves, I'm kind of hoping the dogs cause trouble down there and they end up doing the shooting.

The Mama Chicken

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
They haven't been back, I'm guessing one of the neighbors took care of the problem. I wouldn't call the ASPCA anyway though. They might show up while I'm butchering rabbits for the freezer, and wouldn't that cause a ruckus? I'd hate to have them blocking my little country road with their "meat is murder" signs and angry chanting. :lol:
All joking aside, while I'm against animal abuse, I don't agree that eating an animal I raised for food is abuse, nor do I think that wearing fur is wrong in any way. I don't approve of their methods and I don't want anything do do with them.

The Mama Chicken

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
Oh, it wouldn't be a problem with the neighbors, we're out in the country, but the ASPCA wouldn't like me one bit. Not that I care...

Chickie'sMomaInNH

Garden Master
Reaction score
to me rabbits, and poultry are farm animals and meant to eventually be eaten (ASPCA needs to mind their own business if the animals are being raised healthy and not suffering when butchered, and being done on their owners property shouldn't be an issue either if they are not selling to others!). dogs, cats or exotic birds are something different and shouldn't be eaten. but i certainly understand that any animal that is exhibiting aggression to people or terrorizing livestock needs to be done away with. i'm hoping they are just hungry dogs with good behavior and found a home. but if someone did the deed of SSS (shoot, shovel, shut up) i suppose they will not be a threat anymore to anyone or thing.

The Mama Chicken

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
Our aversion to eating dogs and cats is sociatial, in China and Korea it is normal. The French still consider horse meat a delicacy, even though most Americans are appaled by the idea. I wouldn't personally eat a dog or cat, but it's not my place to tell anyone else what they are allowed to eat.

MuranoFarms

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
People dump dogs here all the time. We feed them, then crate 'em up and drive them to the humane society. They deserve a chance.....it's not their fault. Mostly people dump Beagles. After hunting trials, if the dog doesn't do well they're considered not worth the feed to keep them. Sad really.

Latest posts