Why do animals act like UH animals?

hoodat

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
One instance. A cow can pick up its foot and place it PLOP into the center of the milking bucket but then it cannot pick it back up without panicking and giving everyone within 100 yards a milk bath and denting the bejaysus out of the bucket.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Another instance; a horse can run across a pasture at a full gallop, head up, mane and tail streaming in the wind and never miss a step. Put a saddle and rider on that same horse and it stumbles and goes to it's knees at a trot. :idunno

Same horse; walks across creek on a road with a gi-normous 7' tall culvert every day and never flinches. Saddle up, go for a ride and all of a sudden there are horse eating MONSTERS lurking in that same culvert. Horse freaks out, whirls around and runs back the way it came, leaving you suspended in mid air for about a millisecond before you go splat on the ground. :hu

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
A chicken can walk all the way around to the far side of the goat pen to get in through a chicken size hole in the wire every day, but in the evening when it's time to go back to the coop they pace frantically up and down the nearest side to the coop, until a person comes to herd them through the gate.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Well, there are hobbles, Hoodat.

If the cow begins kicking with hobbles, she can send them flying! Anyone within 100 yards is in mortal danger!

So, you can run a rope around the cow and tie up one front leg. If the cow gets down on its knees, it can still kick!

So, you can forget the hobbles, tie up that front leg and ppuuulll the opposite back leg off the floor. Tie the other end of the rope to the wall. Standing on 2 legs, if she is still determined to kick rather than allow her "cow parts" to be touched - she will fall! At which point you may as well shoot her . . !

Steve

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
My first dairy goat that my dad bought at auction was a bad kicker. She was also adept at peeing, pooping and all manner of gyrations when locked on the stanchion. Even with both legs tethered to the back legs of the stanchion she would sometimes smash one of my hands. Sometimes I'd show up at school with my hands bandaged like a burn victim. Her babies were much more compliant, so she got pardoned.

897tgigvib

Garden Master
Reaction score
Wellp, all of US ANIMALS have our ways.

Why do humans feel they can breed up the planet like flies, love our children and grandchildren, but knowing full well that those same grandchildren will have great grandchildren living on a world with 40 billion humans under terrible conditions...at best.

Why?

Why do some Grey Squirrels want to visit with other animals at a distance, circle around running, stopping, wiggling its nose and winking its eyes, then run up a tree 200 feet corkscrew fashion, disappear in the canopy, then suddenly appear at your feet 30 seconds later with his sister, and repeat the game?

While other Grey Squirrels just disappear a million miles up the tree making that almost bark grunt sound?

Why do Whitetail Deer like to see what it'd be like to get hit by a car? Man! A car, the size of a predator dinosaur, even has lights like eyes, grill and bumper like a huge nose and toothy mouth, roaring? Why? Run out in the road and wait to get hit. *gading*

Why do dogs wrap themselves around their leash so perfectly? 3 times counterclockwise...

Why are cats so good at training humans?

DOGS HAVE PALS

CATS HAVE STAFF

SQUIRRELS HAVE AN AUDIENCE

WHITETAILS HAVE CARS TO HELP THEM SATISFY THEIR CURIOSITY ABOUT THE AFTERLIFE

SILKY SULLIVAN HAD HELPERS TO RACE

BUSTER HAD A RIDER TO THROW

But ya know, why don't any of them talk in English?

hoodat

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
thistlebloom said:
My first dairy goat that my dad bought at auction was a bad kicker. She was also adept at peeing, pooping and all manner of gyrations when locked on the stanchion. Even with both legs tethered to the back legs of the stanchion she would sometimes smash one of my hands. Sometimes I'd show up at school with my hands bandaged like a burn victim. Her babies were much more compliant, so she got pardoned.
My grandpa used to say a goat is an animal just smart enough to get itself into trouble but not quite smart enough to get back out. I think some people are the same way.

curly_kate

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I always wonder about the deer who hide in the brush at the side of a deserted country road until a car comes cruising along before deciding they must get across RIGHT NOW.

bobm

Garden Master
Reaction score
Several years ago, I was assending into Paradise ... ( Cal.) ... as I was driving on the road with a cut into the hill, a doe decided to jump out and down from there and put a hoof through my car's hood and through the radiator. After I swerved and came to a stop. she managed to free herself ( broken leg ) and drag herself to the other side of the road and downhill. Just then a game warden came along. I flagged him down and he shot the doe and took her to a Indian reservation for their food distribution.

Latest posts