Widely Adaptable

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score

One was not ordering a UNH cantaloupe. There are several but I finally got smart enough to try Goddess last year. It did fine!

What made me rely so much on Passport is that it always gets me over the border :). I must have grown it for 10 or 12 years. Never once has a Junuary killed the plants or set them back where they had trouble growing to their proper size and ripening!

They have another 4 weeks of heat. Maybe, 8 weeks before frost. I couldn't be more confident.

I think that they might work for you, Mary. You have to like honeydew melon - they aren't much different despite looking like a cantaloupe on the outside. Of course, once you get away from that Pacific Ocean air, you are in California melon (heaven) country!

Steve

Reactions: Hal

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Steve, I've never seen or known anyone growing melons here but I'd like to try them next year. Maybe you could remember to send me 3 seeds of those? Pretty please.

Mary

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
You gonna trust me and my memory, Mary??

Help me remember the cantaloupe seed in 2015 and I can get you 3 seeds of both!

:) Steve

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Steve, you and I are in the same boat! I need to write it down and put it on my fridge. I also want glass gem corn seeds. Have to remember that too!

Mary

Gardening with Rabbits

Garden Master
Reaction score
!

I had the same result from my Blacktails. I haven't grown them for a few years, but I was so excited about them and really wanted them to succeed.

I blamed myself. I did get fruit, but it was very small and didn't ripen before the weather turned, so the chickens got the few that the vines produced. So, maybe it really wasn't my fault!

I had the same last year with Blacktail.

Latest posts