Wife Broke Her Ankle

SprigOfTheLivingDead

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Well all I can tell you is about my experience, in 1994 I slipped on an icy step, went down on my ankle hard and it snapped. They operated on a Thursday night, home on Saturday, I ended up with two plates, A couple of longer screws on one side, 5 shorter ones on the other side, no cast. Not allowed to walk on it for 6 weeks. I didn't have crutches, I opted for a wheelchair.

What I did do was, feet flat on the floor, no pressure on the feet, I rolled back and forth bending my legs backwards and forwards exercising my calf muscles, every chance I got. I do admit the pain was quite bad as I didn't use many of the painkillers prescribed, it was a year before could honestly say I was pain free. But when I went for my 6 week checkup I walked in, bit of a limp but not using a cane. Today this ankle hasn't given me any problems at all, still have both plates and all the screws, I wish my other ankle was as strong as this one. Other than I bang it on something I do say ouch, or to be perfectly honest the air is blue for a couple of seconds.

Annette

Wow! You're a rock star :)

Latest posts