Winter Pix Where You Are?

lesa

Garden Master
Reaction score
Miss Daisy- that is a great video! I didn't realize they would become so tame! Even though I am right on a highway, in the city- I have some turkeys from time to time. After winter I always have a wheelbarrow or two of sunflower seeds (which are located under the bird feeder.) I move these into the back 40- and the the turkey love them. Sometimes they wander around in the chicken yard. They look really huge compared to the chickens! Thanks for sharing that! On the subject of snow... still don't have any!!

rebbetzin

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Now you are wondering, what kind of "winter photos" there can be from Tucson AZ! And... you are right, we don't have much in the way of traditional winter weather here.

So... I will give you a treat! My daughter lives in Eagle CO. Now, that is a place that knows how to do winter!

Here are some of my favorite winter photo from her.

A Frozen Waterfall
FrozenWaterfallemail.jpg

Behind the waterfall
Behindwaterfallemail-1.jpg

Properly dressed Snow Lady
Snowmanglovessemailf.jpg

Happy Jennifer and Goldie, sledding
HappyJennandGoldieinthesnowemail.jpg

Snow on Deck
snowmarch182003deck.jpg

Footprints in the snow.
oct2007footprintsinthesnowemail.jpg

This is my favorite Winter photo from Eagle, Brush Creek, which runs behind their home.
octsnowybrushcreekGoodOneemail.jpg

And I will leave you with one of the cards my daughter created from her photos.
sunnysnowytreeblackscriptjan82008_email.jpg

Sprinkler Buddy

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Some great photos here. In FL our winters are rather dull looking. My boys are twelve and still haven't seen good snow yet. The few times we have made a trip North it seems we always missed it by a few days. I use to Love ice fishing on Lake Michigan with my brother. Hearing that ice crack and seeing the water jumping out of the whole is something I'll never forget.

sparkles2307

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Its yucky here right now. I mean, the weather is GREAT! we've have mid 40's every day for a week. AMAZING for northern MN in January. Frightens me, end of the world thoughts and all that, BUT I will take the warm days while they are here, especially since they're predicting another 1997 here this spring :(

The snow is rotten and patchy tho, very ugly.

pretty40acres

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score

Latest posts