Woo Hoo, it's done!

Kassaundra

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Here are the pics of the quilt I've been working on. There are just 2 threads I need to tie and bury.

The fabric side. Hard to see in the pic but in real life you can see the quilting stitches. So you can see the infinity sign and on the date column side you can see 3 stitching lines to signify the "three strand cord" of God in the marriage. The hard geometric lines of the city buildings in the date column w/ the soft flowy feminine lines of the brocade. The date in the column being there but not really obvious was a conscious descision.

The crocheted side the infinity shape is more obvious, chosen as a more modern grown up symbol for eternal love and marriage then the "heart" sign. The 3rd quilting line on this side is there but more subtle again a conscious choice for the "3 strand cord" idea.
Over all I am happy w/ the results, really pleased w/ the symbolism I was able to incorporate, and the personalization of the date and colors/style. Still not sure if I nailed "modern contemporary" design. Glad it is over, glad I pushed my design envelope, haven't stressed over design this much in a long time.

Kassaundra

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
This isn't sewing, but my first ever jam. These jewels were cherries on a tree yesterday.

DSC_0842.JPG

Attachments

• DSC_0843.JPG
    DSC_0843.JPG
    67.2 KB · Views: 169
  • DSC_0844.JPG
    DSC_0844.JPG
    81.3 KB · Views: 158

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Cherry jam! :drool My most favorite pie is cherry pie and I have to settle for store bought because we don't have cherry trees here. That is some beautiful jam. Take your bows. Encore! :thumbsup

Kassaundra

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Now I'm making cherry wine. I mixed 1/2 cherry juice, 1/2 a mixed herb tea w/ cherry, barvarian wild berry, and vanilla nut teas. I tasted it before I started the wine and it tastes amazing, can't wait to see what the actual wine tastes like

Wishin'

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I love the chicken :)......... but how is the Who quilt coming.:hide I am a bit of a Whovian, O.K. more then a bit :p:hide:hide:hide

Kassaundra

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I just finished this this morning. It is hand sew of course all ties pretty much have to be. I also made it w/o a pattern. I have made my husbands ties for years and have tried pattern after pattern and they are always complicated at the point, I think to add to the mystique of it all, but I had an idea for a simpler version and really like how it turned out.

The fabric is a faux suede w/ a shiny almost plastisized print

Latest posts