~ WORLDWIDE Vegetable Allotments ~ REVIVAL of last years thread ~

Hattie the Hen

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Ladyhawke1 said:
Last year a friend gave me some blackberry canes in a pot. It was the first thing I put in my garden. I am deathly afraid trimming it. I even have a book that tells how to do it however, it is a bit confusing. I set it against a wall and I need to get it a trellis.

It is growing like crazy but I have not seen any fruit yet. This variety has thorns; however, my friend does not know the name of the plant. She just called it a blackberry. :/
:frow :frow

I would get the support up soon & tie the canes in to it as you need to stop the tips of the canes from touching the ground where they will root to make more & more plants (& turn your entire garden into a wilderness; as mine is in part....... :barnie )!
Fruit will appear soon, flowers first. you cut out the old canes in late autumn or early spring.

Good luck, the fruit is wonderful. :cool:

:rose Hattie :rose

Hattie the Hen

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score

Good News for all British Allotment diggers --- this mornings news via the BBC News service --- SPRING IS ABOUT TO SPRING INTO REALITY.......!!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/magazine/8582532.stm

Be glad for us, we have been waiting for ages..... :ep ....... & YES! I know a lot of you are in the same plight over in the US & I have my fingers crossed for you too. :fl :fl

GOOD GARDENING LUCK TO ALL OF US!!! :love

:tools Hattie :tools

boggybranch

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
:frow Hattie,

I KNOW you are glad to be getting on with spring.......and with spring cleaning done, it's time to start playin in the dirt.:watering

lupinfarm

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Spring is only halfway here lol. Though we have to get on with Spring cleaning before all the puppy buyers start coming up here to see the dogs/puppies and the farm. The place looks like a dive right now. Today alone I have to..

Move the woodpile from the porch to between 2 trees (we don't even have a woodburner! Just lots of offcuts from horse fencing for when we do get a woodburner)

Clean up the hay in the garage

Move the table saw to the garage

Move the mitre saw to the side porch

Eep! And I still have goat fencing to put up in the next week and hay to clean up at the barn, and the barn to clean up, and maybe even try to brush the horses LOL.

MsPony

Sprout
Reaction score
I love this thread!! I have a new baby in the house (of the puppy kind :lol:) and when im not running around after him making sure he isn't eating/chewing/attacking im having to cuddle him. I have read this entire thread through so far, whoo!

Hattie the Hen

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
MsPony said:
I love this thread!! I have a new baby in the house (of the puppy kind :lol:) and when im not running around after him making sure he isn't eating/chewing/attacking im having to cuddle him. I have read this entire thread through so far, whoo!

Hi MsPony

:welcome & to this thread. I like it too & I have had so much fun compiling it. Well I guess I shall have to start searching a bit harder.......:bee :bee :bee

Here is an extension of a previous offering:

http://www.allotment-diary.co.uk/Square-foot-gardening-allotment-veg-growing-tiny-plot.html

*******This is the previous "daddy" blog which is awesome: :D

http://www.allotment-diary.co.uk/index.html

Hattie the Hen

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
:bee :frow :bee :frow :bee :frow :bee :frow :bee :frow :bee

I have been buzzing around the allotment blog world a bit lately! :D

Here's a great one I've harvested................ :gig :gig

****have a good poke around on this site as there are a lot of photos etc***

http://vegetplotlot.co.uk/2009/09/

I love it as it has lots of recipes too, I am very greedy & love my food...!!

HAPPY GARDENING & EATING THE RESULTS ! :drool

:bee Hattie :bee

Hattie the Hen

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
:frow :bee :frow :bee :frow

Good morning Boggy b -- How is your "LOTTIE" doing....???? Sown any good seeds lately......................? ;) :gig

I have a whole lot of new blogs a-coming SOON.....! :D

boggybranch

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
:frow Hattie,

Spent the day helping my dad do some yard work, so my lottie didn't get much more than a walk thru. But, tomorrow will most surely be a lottie day. Have located a large bamboo plot and hope to go get some canes for the running beans. Got some seeds that need to go in the ground.:woot

Am sitting on the edge of my seat, waiting for the new blogs, too.:weee

Latest posts