~ WORLDWIDE Vegetable Allotments ~ REVIVAL of last years thread ~

boggybranch

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
She (Daughter of the Soil) gives very detailed and interesting accounts of what she raises.
I would be very interested in obtaining some of the varieties that she, and others on allotment blogs, talks about and giving them a go in my garden.....but she states that, in Europe (am assuming that she is including the uk) sale of seeds is severely restricted by law.......bummer.

Hattie the Hen

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
:frow :frow

If you PM me a list I will see if there is a way they can be sent to you. We have very strict ruleshere but some seed suppliers have a way to do it (like Thompson & Morgan) but they may not sell the varieties you are after. You need to check your state rules etc in the US as well. I have been trying to send stuff to HiDelight up in Wa. but she has had such conflicting advice. :barnie

:rose Hattie :rose

boggybranch

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I believe the website I just located will provide the neccessary info....or at least a viable starting point:

http://www.aphis.usda.gov/import_export/plants/plant_imports/smalllots_seeds.shtml

Hold on....let me see if I can figure out the link glitch.

Well, don't know what the problem is with the link. Can be accessed through seach engine....."search" 'import vegetable seeds', then click on entry listed as "USDA-APHIS-Import and Export, Small Lots of Seeds"

boggybranch

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
boggybranch said:
I believe the website I just located will provide the neccessary info....or at least a viable starting point:

http://www.aphis.usda.gov/import_export/plants/plant_imports/smalllots_seeds.shtml

Hold on....let me see if I can figure out the link glitch.

Well, don't know what the problem is with the link. Can be accessed through seach engine....."search" 'import vegetable seeds', then click on entry listed as "USDA-APHIS-Import and Export, Small Lots of Seeds"
Note: You may want to take something, to ward off a headache, about an hour before you try to read it. LOL.....no, really.

lupinfarm

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
boggybranch said:
Hey Hattie,
"Guerilla" gardening has such a positive effect on drab, derelect spaces.....Why does it have to be a "clandestine" activity? What reasoning, possibly, could the authorities have for not making this a "legal" activity........it's done free (no cost to the council), it turns 'eye sore' areas into eye appealing areas, ect. ect.
I don't understand the logic behind it not being accepted by the authorities.
boggy, we had similar issues with our township years ago when we tried/wanted to plant out our boulevard in front of the house. According to the town we weren't allowed to plant it because we don't own it, but we had to keep it looking good or else they'd fine us. No logic, IMO as you said.

boggybranch

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
lupinfarm said:
boggybranch said:
Hey Hattie,
"Guerilla" gardening has such a positive effect on drab, derelect spaces.....Why does it have to be a "clandestine" activity? What reasoning, possibly, could the authorities have for not making this a "legal" activity........it's done free (no cost to the council), it turns 'eye sore' areas into eye appealing areas, ect. ect.
I don't understand the logic behind it not being accepted by the authorities.
boggy, we had similar issues with our township years ago when we tried/wanted to plant out our boulevard in front of the house. According to the town we weren't allowed to plant it because we don't own it, but we had to keep it looking good or else they'd fine us. No logic, IMO as you said.
Man...that is just ignorant.....makes, absolutely no sense. Is Springbrook in the uk? (think I remember seeing that name on some links that Hattie posted)

lupinfarm

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Haha I'm sure there is a Springbrook in the UK, but no we're in Canada :) We're originally from Essex, UK though :D and we had family in Cambridge until last year when they moved to Belgium.

The planting issues with the town we had while living in a GTA suburb called Bowmanville in Ontario.

boggybranch

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
lupinfarm said:
Haha I'm sure there is a Springbrook in the UK, but no we're in Canada :) We're originally from Essex, UK though :D and we had family in Cambridge until last year when they moved to Belgium.

The planting issues with the town we had while living in a GTA suburb called Bowmanville in Ontario.
Hahahahaha...PLEASE tell me that you have just added "ONTARIO" to your avatar......if it was already there....then I'm lookin' and not seein'.....You know, a "senior" moment. LOL

lupinfarm

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
LOL I so did actually. I realized all it said was Springbrook and my zone! Geez, I live in Springbrook, Nowhere haha. At least that's what it feels like sometimes!

Latest posts