Worm Full Moon

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
See, you can't separate the solar year by moons. There's always a Blue Moon sneaking in ... can't even come up with a name for those. Twelve? Thirteen? Fourteen, sometimes?

Naming 5 months outta order and then have to extrapolate 7?? I try to pronounce it as "hath" and am lost before even getting started!

Self-Medicating for a Clickbait remedy might leave one lost in the ozone.

digitS' bein' followed by a moonshadow, moon shadow, moonshadow
Leapin and hoppin' on a moonshadow, moonshadow, moonshadow

i did modernize the lingo in my version where the hath=has, i've only really learned this verse in my later years so this old dog did learn a new trick. at this rate i may have a chance of learning something else but i'm not sure what yet. :)

reading about how the current calendar came about is interesting and you would think that they could have still just made more of the months all the same number of days and got February to 30 and perhaps just made the winter solstice a few days that didn't count for any month at all just one big party that everyone was allowed to say that they don't remember what they did those days or whatever. i'm sure some OCD people would be happy to use it as an excuse to get started on their spring cleaning. i for one would not be doing squat(s). :) more kidding around for sure. i do once in a while make some efforts to keep my legs stronger so at least i can walk up and down the road or climb a ladder or to carry stuff from the car and up the few stairs and into the house. my knee is a bit mad at me the past few days for twisting it.

and that particular song i do know. i have his greatest hits cd which i play on this jukebox from time to time.

the moon has been very bright the past few evenings. for no reason at all i woke up after almost 5hrs of sleep and it was shining in the windows.

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
last night it was another bright evening. i am not certain i was dreaming or not but i think i heard coyotes or dogs barking not long after i went to sleep. i could have been dreaming. but perhaps not.

very bright.

and yes, i did feed my worms this past week a few times, to check on them and to see how they were doing and the spiders too. i still need to get pictures of them somehow.

i have been working on my worm project page again. i had been waiting for an update to some softwares (hardening perhaps? :) ) to see if a few minor bugs (program bugs, not spiders or wood lice) had gotten worked out. i think so...

ducks4you

Garden Master
Reaction score
East Central IL, Was Zone 6, Now...maybe Zone 5
Americans have adopted the Native American names for each of our moons and the one that falls in March (unless there is a Blue Moon,) is called the "Full Worm Moon."
BTW, last Friday we ate at a somewhat local German Restaurant, the Bayern Stube, and they are currently serving
Hunter's Feast, a 2 week celebration. We had different dishes. DH had venison, I had wild boar, one of my DD's had Hasenpfeffer. They also have a Maifest and, of course, Oktoberfest.

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
Months = Moons
@flowerbug attacks media as the real threat, purposefully ignoring the robins.

the robins have arrived today, with the killdeer, i'm always glad to see them back. the morning noise level is about to go up. :)

a few days ago the grackles and redwinged blackbirds arrived.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
i'm always glad
I'm glad that you are glad.

:) @baymule assured me some time ago that in her part of Texas, MeadowLarks are around in good numbers. Many years ago, they were here. They used to be an important part of my Oregon environment but here, maybe they just couldn't compete with their invasive cousins, the Starlings.

I have tried to learn to take some pleasure in even the invasive birds. If it was 400 years instead of 40 years since I have seen meadow larks where I live, how would I be comfortably, at home?

Steve

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
the coyotes were loud enough here last night that they woke me up. i hope they are eating all the rabbits. at least now i know that the noise i heard the other night was not a dream.

some invasives will always happen, that is a part of what life does, but do we need to make it go faster and with more examples like we do? i guess i am with you in spirit that 40yrs and comfort might be something to ponder.

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
Speaking of worms, I found a horse hair worm today, after the rain stopped for a minute. I hadn't seen one in ....maybe 25 years. I showed it to my 4 year old grandkid and his mom. I don't know why I didn't think about taking a video, or at least a pic, but that's just me. 😵

thanks! now i have to go look that up! :)

oh, wow! lol

Ridgerunner

Garden Master
Reaction score
The only one I remember seeing was in Arkansas after a rain. I thought it was some kind of parasitic worm out of a fox, rabbit, or deer. Now I know what it was. Thanks.