Worst Tree on Lot

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
Love my tulip tree! We had one split and fall over while in flower. We left the best sucker, and voila! we have another blooming tulip tree in its place.

The die-and-come-backer I least like is the Empress of China tree. It is borderline hardy here and often dies back to the ground. I'd like it for its exotic look if DH didn't keep trying to make a large tree out of it. This winter was a killer for the tree that had gone through 4 winters without winter-kill.

The same with our American Sycamore. We had to move it and the main trunk died. We saved one of the suckers and now have a straight, well-shaped tree that I like for both summer and winter interest.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Twisted S shaped trunk.......I like that. If I were you, I'd go looking for another twisted S shaped fruit tree and plant and twist them together. Maybe even a straight plum tree and just plait it together with the peach tree. Plait...... that takes 3 doesn't it? Better get another tree.......jus' sayin'

Jared77

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Or you could look for other oddly shaped trunks & plants and have a gardeners spelling bee.