would like to see your 2013 garden

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
seedcorn said:
Do purple bear as well as green?
the purple have been producing for weeks now, the only down side is they are a thin wall pepper< still tasty> just not a good stuffer.

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
I only have one pic today, until I get my weeds back under control. :p Wanted to show you guys how tall my DD6's sunflower got! We measured it right at 10 feet. Every year I find a couple of sunflowers popping up in odd places... She loves to plant seeds in any bare spot of soil she can find. It's in her DNA. ;)

6486_imgp3899_web.jpg

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Glad to see other's sunflowers are going CRAZY too this time of year. :)

We've haven't been able to enjoy our garden because of all the rain. Its still raining, I can't remember when this round started or it will end. They're saying MAYBE monday. So for now, I scooted out last night and cut some sunflowers to bring in so I could at least enough some of these.

We have 5 varieties I've found growing so far. They're not all blooming yet. So we'll see!

5842_sunflowers2013.jpg

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
Those are so pretty, V! I have planted a lot of varieties in the past, but never got around to it yet this year....but I hear there is still time. The reds are my favorite. :happy_flower

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Journey, you and your little one inspired me to think about a flower picture this morning :cool:.

I really can't say my sunflowers are "going crazy" just yet. They have just started to bloom (in the early morning light):

downsize_zps28956dcc.jpg

Here is the "flower corner" of the big veggie garden:

downsize_zps32ab7d0e.jpg

I'm sorry that both of these are cellphone photo's. If you squint a little, you'll see some of the sunflowers, there is a shadow of the trees on the little hill to the east that has fallen across half the bed. In front of them, squint a little more, the mostly red & white flowers are snaps.

The glads haven't started to bloom. Behind them, I've got the first level of string trellis over the China asters. In the foreground, first of all, that isn't giant grass coming up in the marigolds. That bed held the glads last year and several volunteers have made an appearance. The marigolds! Let me tell you about the marigolds . . . They are Giant Yellow & Giant Orange from Johnny's aaannd they smell nice! They look like they will be going strong from this moment on. In fact, I've already cut quite a few for bouquets.

Steve