would like to see your 2013 garden

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
majorcatfish said:
now thats a bunch of bell pepper and not grown in texas......
[url]http://i1111.photobucket.com/albums/h464/majorcatfish/DSC_0002_zps01514769.jpg[/url]

and dw modeling one of the green bells
[url]http://i1111.photobucket.com/albums/h464/majorcatfish/DSC_0005_zpsb40b21e0.jpg[/url]

still had to throw a bunch away due to all this 40 day and 40 night rain we have been getting
Major, those are some MAJORLY gorgeous bells!! :bow Yours are getting drowned, mine are getting scorched. They actually get sunburned and rot before they mature. :he

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
All of these flower photos are cheering me up. :D

I love the giant marigolds, Steve. If I'm gonna plant marigolds, I go for the big ones. Snowball (hybrid) is a very charming variety. They've always been one of my favorites.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
I don't actually tie them, Seedcorn. It is more like "netting" them. They are growing very close together and I don't want them flopping out of the bed and growing crooked. Bouquet material, you see ;).

Lemon gems? I have only grown a couple of marigold varieties. They tend to be odoriferous in a not-so-pleasant way. If I wasn't so tired, I'd remember the little marigolds on the BIG plants that I liked. They were a little hard to handle, tho', with those hollow stems.

There are some other flowers around corners and the very first dahlias have bloomed :).

Steve

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
Lemon Gems are bushy, smothered with small marigold flowers and they smell very lemony/citrusy. I see they have a similar one now that has an orange bloom and it's called tangerine gem (?) or something similar.

They wouldn't work for bouquets, but they smell so nice on warm days.

the1honeycomb

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
digitS' said:
I don't actually tie them, Seedcorn. It is more like "netting" them. They are growing very close together and I don't want them flopping out of the bed and growing crooked. Bouquet material, you see ;).

Lemon gems? I have only grown a couple of marigold varieties. They tend to be odoriferous in a not-so-pleasant way. If I wasn't so tired, I'd remember the little marigolds on the BIG plants that I liked. They were a little hard to handle, tho', with those hollow stems.

There are some other flowers around corners and the very first dahlias have bloomed :).

Steve
Do you grow them for your own shop? do you ever sell plants?? My Mom had Dahlias hope you post some more photos!!

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Used to sell to 3 different shops, the1honeycomb.

One lady sold out and went to work for another flower shop for a few years. She would still buy now and then. Another shop was owned by sisters & they retired. The 3rd still comes to buy sometimes.

Yep. There are some plant sales, too. At the farmers' market :).

Steve

NwMtGardener

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I planted some Naughty Marietta marigolds this year just cause i loved the name! No blooms yet but i'll try and remember to post some when they do.

MontyJ

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Great pictures folks! Journey, I grew giant sunflowers once. Swore I would never do that again. Getting them out of the garden was like trying to remove a palm tree!