Would You Drink ?

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
I am not a drinker. I would invite a few friends (BFF1 and BFF2) over and open the bottle. I can drink, I just don't feel it is necessary for me. However, a gift should be enjoyed.

Ya'll know, it could be a re-gift from someone who doesn't drink scotch.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Do you have a friend that likes scotch and could give you an expert's opinion on it? Like others on here, I an not much of a drinker and scotch to me, is like drinking Draino. :sick I do self medicate from time to time, but since whiskey is brown, burns going down, and smells, it is all the same to me! :gigI also use whiskey (or bourbon) in eggnog.

So to this client, this is "normal" scotch? Gheesh! At that price, he ought to hold it in as long as possible so as not to waste it pi$$ing it down the toilet. :\

Chickie'sMomaInNH

Garden Master
Reaction score
i know this is a few months old but what did you decide to do with this bottle of Scotch? i know it says it is from 1968. but does it say how many years it was aged before being bottled?

my DH would certainly know what he'd do with it! :D i may have long lines of Scottish heritage but he's the Scotch drinker and the older the better for him. a few years ago DH & i and some friends traveled up to the Highland Games in Lincoln, NH to stay the weekend enjoying the sights & games. they have a scotch tasting that you pay to do & he says he's done it in the past. but when he's with friends they usually bring quite a selection of different ages & makers to compare.

Chickie'sMomaInNH

Garden Master
Reaction score
if you ever do decide to try it don't use ice, instead give it a splash of water. water seems to draw out some of the flavor better than ice.

ducks4you

Garden Master
Reaction score
East Central IL, Was Zone 6, Now...maybe Zone 5
I'd save until this time next year, or July 4th, 2017. If the economy has turned around, I'd invite friends over to share. If the economy is tanking, I'd drink the whole bottle by myself, and look forward to the USA as Europe in 900 AD.

Latest posts