WR's 2017 Spring Garden

w_r_ranch

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Harvested more jalapenos for supper tonight (and no, I never get tired of stuffed japs).

The 2nd wave of eggplant is maturing, so I harvested a 5 gallon bucket full. These were prepped & put in the dehydrator for later use. We'll vacuum pack them upon completion.

Then I picked another tub of tomatoes. Tomorrow we'll start roasting the 'Health Kick' romas for spaghetti sauce & then can the 'Heatmasters'. You southern gardeners really need to try these 'Heatmaster' slicing tomatoes, the flavor is fantastic!!!

Tomato_Harvest_061717.jpg

Last edited:

w_r_ranch

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
'Heatmasters' (Solanum lycopersicum)

Bred for the hot climate of the Southeast. Thrives in Zones 8-11. Strong disease tolerance & large, firm fruit (7-8 oz.), this selection makes vegetable gardening virtually trouble free.

75 days from transplant.

Determinate.

lcertuche

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I know some of y'all will be wanting to make these. I know I will.

Code:
https://www.facebook.com/delish/videos/10155529275057437/

w_r_ranch

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Oh hell yes!!! June is always so busy here, although I can't think of anything I'd rather be doing!!! My wife & I get a lot of satisfaction raising our own food & preparing our meals from it (we haven't eaten prepared food in years). We can put up enough to last us & feed other families in the process (more than half of what we grow is given away).

My grandfather used to have a old metal chair in the middle of his garden that he sat in every day while he drank his homemade wine. I can still see him in my mind. I've been scouring flea markets for years to find a chair like his... until then, I just sit on the back porch & look at my garden.

Last edited:

Latest posts