WR's 2017 Spring Garden

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Well they were ok but I don't think great. So I was a little disappointed. I'm not sure I would make them again. With just a few ingredients you can't really mess them up. So I'm assuming all of you that have made them taste the same.

Mary

w_r_ranch

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Bands of rain moving through here today, but I managed to harvested another 5 lbs of green beans, 6 cucumbers, 5 lbs of tomatillos/tomatoes & some peppers (all for our mail lady). Then picked 14 more jalapenos for stuff japs to go along with of beef fajitas that will be served for supper tonight.

When we got a break in the rain, I ran out to pick more jalapenos so I can make a batch of 'Holy Jalapeno Sauce'. Bear in mind, this is a 15" bowl to give you a perspective of the size of the peppers this year.

Jalapenos_Harvest_061317.jpg

It's time to start making the sauce!!! Notice how thick the side walls are... this is an extremely good year!!!

Jalapeno_Sauce_1.jpg

Jalapeno_Sauce_2.jpg

After pureeing & running it through a fine strainer (to remove the seeds/skins) we have the final product. All that is left to do is can it in pint jars. The essence of jalapeno!!!

Jalapeno_Sauce_3.jpg

Ended up with 6 pints, which should be enough to last us until next season!!!

Jalapeno_Sauce_4.jpg

Last edited:

lcertuche

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I just bought a pound of jalapenos from the grocery store for .99 cents. I will probably dehydrate most of it.

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Icertuche, that was a good price. I paid $1.99 for mine.

W-R, I wish I was your mail lady! :p That has got to be some hot stuff! Do you mix it with anything else after you open the jar?

Mary

Latest posts