WR's 2017 Spring Garden

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
I just made Strawberry Pretzel Salad to take too. I don't see anything salad about it, but it's good. It is a deep dive into prepared foods that I don't normally buy, but once in awhile I just want crapppy junk food. :lol:

Strawberry Pretzel Salad

Ingredients
2 cups crushed pretzels
3/4 cup melted butter
3 tablespoons sugar, plus 3/4 cup sugar
1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese
1 (8-ounce) container whipped topping
2 (3-ounce) packages strawberry gelatin dessert mix
2 cups boiling water
2 (10-ounce) packages frozen strawberries
1 (8-ounce) can crushed pineapple
Whipped topping or whipped cream, to garnish
Directions

Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
For the crust, mix the pretzels, butter, and 3 tablespoons of sugar. Press this mixture into a 9 by 13-inch pan and bake for 7 minutes. Set aside and allow to cool.
In a mixing bowl, beat together the cream cheese and 3/4 cup of sugar. Fold in the whipped topping, and spread over the cooled crust. Be sure to seal the cream cheese mixture against the dish so the jello mixture can't leak onto the pretzel crust.
Refrigerate until well chilled.
In a small bowl, dissolve the gelatin in the boiling water, and allow to cool slightly. Add the strawberries and pineapple, and pour over the cream cheese mixture. Refrigerate until serving time.
To serve, cut slices and serve with a dollop of whipped topping.

w_r_ranch

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Yesterday I harvested 24 big jalapenos. some for my pot of pinto beans & the rest for stuffed japs (used lil' smokies this time).

This morning I harvested more butternut, acorn & spaghetti squash & prepped them for storage.

Squash_Harvest_072717.jpg

The watermelons are getting close... real close.

w_r_ranch

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I harvested our first watermelon of the season & it was well worth the wait... Dieter taste-tested it & gave it a 2 paws up rating (his highest rating - he's actually begging for more), LOL!!! I have to agree, there's nothing like an ice cold watermelon on a hot summer day!!!

First_Watermelon_072917.jpg

w_r_ranch

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Harvested all the remaining butternut, acorn & spaghetti squash & prepped them for storage. Also harvested more jalapenos that will be stuffed to go along with tonight's supper.

Our mail lady stopped by so I harvested a couple of watermelons for her family.

All that's left in the garden are the watermelons & 1 cantaloupe. Time to start prepping it for the fall planting.

Latest posts